• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU'S HAVE FINALLY HATCHED!!!!!!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hi Dave! I haven't been on in a while but Chris told me your new guys hatched! I'm so excited for you! You are doing a great job as usual.

You truly have a good blood line going there. Lucky is 4' long and 7+ lbs and it's only been a little over a year!!!!! He's still growing too! He may break world records hahaha!

It's strange seeing them look that small again. I forgot how Lucky looked that way too only a year ago. Too bad they grow up so fast!

Anyway, I hope you and your family are well as well!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Meg90 said:
I would love to see an updated picture of Kinky. Are you going to keep him then?
I'll do that tomorrow. I'm working on getting things ready to ship tomorrow.

I just finished giving them all baths. As I selected which Tegu was going where, I rubbed them under the chin (they close their eyes!), told them where they were going and put them in the deli cup. They are waiting in their unsealed boxed to be taken to the Post Office tomorrow.

argus333

5 Year Member
what is your trick? what size cage? inside or outside in summer? hibernation? do they live together all yr?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They live inside, separately, in 7ft x 3ft cages. They do not hibernate but slow down some. We haven't seen much of our second female lately even though she was up today for a few hours and ate. They breed outside, free roaming in the yard. Observed, of course. We tried in each of their cages and the owner was always dominant. We tried in the house but they we're comfortable and just wandered around. So we went outside and they locked up in a few minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980