• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU'S HAVE FINALLY HATCHED!!!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Came home to find THIS!!!!
IMG_3101_.jpg

After washing.
IMG_3106_.jpg

In their new home.
IMG_3116_.jpg

All 10 in the first bin have hatched. The ones in the second bin were laid over the next 2 days (odd).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: BLUE TEGU'S ARE FINALLY HATCHING!!!!!!

I was just rubbing an egg, I could see the Tegu wiggling around inside, AND HE POPPED OUT!!! That's only the second one I've seen hatch from start to finish.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Here's a bad pic of the egg "tooth" on the tip of their nose they use to break open the shell. It comes off shortly after they hatch (sometimes minutes) with the first shed.

IMG_3127_.jpg

12 hatched!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

:dan Finally now 3 more weeks but at least they're finally here. :app Of course just as adorable and cute as ever.

Little demons for making us wait so long, synchronized hatching. They planned it, had it all worked out I'm sure mom was probably in on it. She knew she had eggs somewhere :chin sending them vibes to hold out :mrgreen: .

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Little demons for making us wait so long, synchronized hatching. They planned it, had it all worked out I'm sure mom was probably in on it.
They had a little help!! ;) I used one of Bobby's secret tricks to get them to hatch. I'm tired of waiting!!! Now if I can just get the last 5 to hatch some of the pressure will be off!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

ALL 17 HAVE HATCHED!!!!! My wife came home and "tickled" the rest to come out. One of them is smaller than the rest and a bit weak. One seems to have a kink in it's back, we'll see how it goes.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Wow, they are so beautiful like always.I didn't know they have that small tooth thing on the tip of their nose.Thanks for letting us know.Just learned something new :) .I would love to see some more pics, too, and a video if you have one.Thanks.

congr2.jpg

Terry

5 Year Member
Lol, I might be in Florida this winter for X-mas. The only lizard I would drive to the states would be a V. Flavi monitor when Justin starts to hatch some out.

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Congratulations Dave! That is freakin awesome! How are the small one and the kinky one doing? Are you going to long island this weekend?

Carole and Jasper

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptileszz said:
Congratulations Dave! That is freakin awesome! How are the small one and the kinky one doing? Are you going to long island this weekend?

Carole and Jasper
They're doing good. I saw the little one drinking and he ate a little Activia. Kinky is... kinked, we'll see how he goes, we may end up keeping him. The first 10 are hungry pigs, I threw some crickets in and they're eating like crazed animals!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980