• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU'S HAVE FINALLY HATCHED!!!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This morning I cleaned the tanks and gave them dusted crickets. That's why they look a bit "ghostly". It's amazing how much of a mess they can make in 6 hours!

IMG_3161_.jpg

IMG_3165_.jpg

Cricket Carnage!!!! It looks like they ripped the legs off of many of the crickets!!!
IMG_3170_.jpg

goodtimes

5 Year Member
They're lookin' good Dave!
Two and a half weeks seems like a lifetime right now...I will patiently wait. :yik

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
if kinky ends up male quasimodo would be a good name.. they're all looking great and very tempting :-D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some new pics after a bath. They're shedding.

IMG_3291_.jpg

IMG_3289_.jpg

IMG_3284_.jpg

They're a little lighter, if you compare them to the first pics, and the patterns have changed a little.

Adam87

5 Year Member
they look awsome i always thaought that was werid about tegus that they get that little patch of green then it goes away

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'll try to take a few pics of him tonight. I'm cutting Styrofoam, and getting boxes ready for shipping, in my spare time at night. I don't know the extent of Kinky's deformity. I'm reluctant to spend $100 or more getting x-rays taken.

Jer723

5 Year Member
i love kinky, i wish i could take him, a special needs gu. hmmmmm? hey dave? do you think kinkys growth would be severely stunted if he was taken care of good? would he only reach maybe 2 - 2 1/2 ft? just a question, let me know how things turn out!

Jerry

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's hard to tell at this age. He may get worse as he grows. He eats great, he's usually the first one to the pile of turkey!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't think it's just a kink. Last year I had one hatch with a 90 degree kink in it's tail, in a week or two I couldn't tell which one it was. I think this is a birth defect with possible curvature in a few directions. It's not worth spending hundreds of dollars on x-rays.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980