• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu arrived!!!!!

pinto24

5 Year Member
Ya, I spend as much time around him as I possibly can..I cant tell you how many times my arm has fallen asleep laying it in his enclosure trying to get used to me. Just curiously, how bad woudl it be if a Tegu that size were to bite me?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nah it won't be that bad. Better now then when he's 4 ft, which can tear right through your hand. My male is very huffy himself. He will spin, do slight tail whips, arch his back but hasn't offered to bite. It can be a little intimidating but with a little persistence I can get my hand under him (without squeezing) to put him into his feeding bin. On the other hand, the female is such a doll and is completely social.

pinto24

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Nah it won't be that bad. Better now then when he's 4 ft, which can tear right through your hand. .

Thats what I was thinking. I am just having trouble figuring when to leave him alone and stop trying to pick him up. I dont want to do it to the point to where he hates me, but I am trying to be persistent. But I feel if I keep giving up on him he is going to start thinking that all he needs to do is get a little snappy with me, and that is how to scre me off.

olympus

5 Year Member
Like my man puff said it takes time. It all will be worth it a year or two down the road when you have that massive beast as a pet. Ripper has already upgraded to these, look how fat he is.
IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

burke0000

5 Year Member
Well Ive been sticking my hand in the cage and trying to get him used to me but I still havent had any luck and he still freaks if I get to close. So Ill keep trying.

pinto24

5 Year Member
Well, I ditched the hot rock and put in a beam basking bulb which seems to be working pretty well. I didn't actually take the rock from him....I just unplugged it. He seems to have a connection with the thing

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0744-1.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

This is how ripper looks now, my wife bought me this hand to see if it can help in the quest to tame him.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744