• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu arrived!!!!!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was getting kinda depressed because boon's head had lost almost all it's green already, but today he finished shedding and it's back!! Not as bright but i'm enjoying it while it lasts :-D

olympus

5 Year Member
I decided to change my tegus name from cujo to ripper. A suggestion from my wife. Look how he's doing.
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice shed! My boy's tail shed a couple days ago and he just did the body shed today. I have to wait till my friend visits with his digital camera or bite the bullet and buy one of my own soon :( .

pinto24

5 Year Member
mine either, it is like he is on crack. I can lay my arm right next to him in his enclosure, but as soon as I touch him he goes ape $hit

burke0000

5 Year Member
pinto24 said:
mine either, it is like he is on crack. I can lay my arm right next to him in his enclosure, but as soon as I touch him he goes ape $hit

Well Im glad to see that someone else is in the same boat as me!

pinto24

5 Year Member
burke0000 said:
pinto24 said:

Well Im glad to see that someone else is in the same boat as me!

he is not aggressive, he is just scared. I mean I can lay my arm 1 inch from him, but god forbid I touch him, and he flips

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
pinto24 said:
AB^ said:
Your guys' tegus will become calmer as they get bigger.

I sure hope so, because a big tegu acting like be sure make me soil myself. :fart
Once they get farter (oops, I meant farther!!) up the food chain they get calmer.

Yes, a 4 foot Tegu going ape $hit could cause some blood loss. I normally have some good scratches on my arms from a couple of 4lb Blue Tegu's & a 9 lb Red Tegu. When they get an idea in their head you can't change it. If they know there's food somewhere, they will keep going back, not caring how many times you turn them around. It gets kind of funny!!

pinto24

5 Year Member
I actually think he is getting worse now. When I tried to touch him today, he started snapping his tail at me and arching his back. When he does this should i just leave him alone or what?

olympus

5 Year Member
Mine gets a little scared when I reach in the cage too. Just do like Bobby said move slow, don't grab on tight use a loose grip, and be patient.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
Mine gets a little scared when I reach in the cage too. Just do like Bobby said move slow, don't grab on tight use a loose grip, and be patient.
And be prepared to get bit a few times until he realizes you're not a threat and the biting doesn't scare you away.

pinto24

5 Year Member
I do move very slow, and I cant even touch him to use the loose grip. It seems the only way to get him would be to grab him, and I will not and have not done that. I am trying to be patient, and let him calm down, but he seems to be getting worse.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's seems to me that you expected to have a calm reptile right from the get go? It takes alot of dedication and commitment bro. Just relax and let him come to you. Make sure you have the enclosure where he can see you for most of the day, so he gets used to having someone walk around him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam