• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby tegu arrived!!!!!

burke0000

5 Year Member
Well I picked up my extreme giant baby from bobby at the post office this morning. He seems fine and looks awesome. Hes just checkig out his cage still. Dont be to mad at me but I forgot my camera at work so I will try to post pics tonight!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine came in as well. Here's a sneek peek until I take some better pics using my camera and not my cell phone.

10Tmerianae.jpg

01Tmerianae.jpg

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
do you guys know what gender you got, because I have to wait till august to get a male because you can't sex them when their younger.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Theoretically I ordered 1 male and 1 female. Just by studying them closely it seems to be that way. Bobby probed them and I think I read somewhere that it is about 90% accurate. Only time will tell for sure though.

They can be probed when young but it is not reccomended unless you are highly experienced. An unexperienced person can easily hurt the tegu in the process. Who are you getting yours from? If they don't know how to probed then I suppose that's why you will have to wait if you want a specific sex.

shabazz

5 Year Member
thank u bobby for sending my baby GIANT he got here in great shape. and thanks to Boostfeen for the great little guy he gave me last night, i will put up some pics tonight

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
Yay, My baby arrived!! healthy happy and half-tame allready! lol, i think i can speak for most here when saying we love you bobby!

i'll get pics when i get home.

edit: awww, stupid usps, he's favoring one of his hands walking on the back of one of em, i think he hurt it. i seen his fingers moving so i don't think it's broke, but he's kinda dragging it a bit. just the hand, his arm seems fine.

hopefully when i get him home propor and he's comfey he'll be fine.

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0703.jpg

CAN U SEE HIM?
IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

I love mine I missed work just to wait for him and Bobby called me this morning just to make sure I had the tracking number.

pinto24

5 Year Member
Hey, my baby is already digging??? and looked like he was sleeping under the bedding??? Is he just stressed out from the trip or what??

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Theoretically I ordered 1 male and 1 female. Just by studying them closely it seems to be that way. Bobby probed them and I think I read somewhere that it is about 90% accurate. Only time will tell for sure though.

They can be probed when young but it is not reccomended unless you are highly experienced. An unexperienced person can easily hurt the tegu in the process. Who are you getting yours from? If they don't know how to probed then I suppose that's why you will have to wait if you want a specific sex.

Apparently, Bert Langwerf and his crew can't probe their babies yet because they're too young, but Bobby can do it? I thought Bert had more experience in the field? I already ordered mine but he's coming in august because he only probes them after their green has faded which is kind of sad, but I do want a male.

angelrose

5 Year Member
awwwwwwwww, such precious lil' babies. I never had a hatchling. hmmmm, just maybe room for one more lil' sweeeet thing

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
awwwwwwwww, such precious lil' babies. I never had a hatchling. hmmmm, just maybe room for one more lil' sweeeet thing
Where do you keep the six Tegu's you have/or are getting? (3) full size enclosures fill up most of our basement with one more to be built.

angelrose

5 Year Member
.......LOL, I just don't have any furniture or beds. I live in an apartment.

no, actually it's only two 8x4x4 's. 1 for the my cols. 1 for my args. and then there is my Angel's castle 6 ft long, something x something.

and the last female arg. I got I am going to adopt out unfortunately because she goes after my male arg and bites him and you can't wiggle anything if she is out roaming so the girls are very scared of her. and she is my 4 ft. big baby. personally, I think she is a lover.

Filphfio

5 Year Member
Gonzo!

Finaly got Gonzo yesterday after waiting several months, No toe nips or tail nips. Hes healthy and got some weight to him.

filphfi0

filphfi0

filphfi0

rule6660

5 Year Member
I FINALY got my tegu yesterday!!! I had to drive an hour to another post office. I just couldnt wait for the next day :)
here is Aeacus! :roon
100_1592.jpg

100_1601.jpg

100_1593.jpg

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
Picks of the little man!

i seen him use his leg so it ain't broke! i'm gonna give him a bath tonight so i can see what kind of motion he's capable of to see of his leg is still bothering him.

Picture%20053.jpg

Picture%20054.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602