• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2011 orders!?!?

WildlifeLover429

Piercedcub32 said:
Made my deposit on an Extreme male today (only a few left is what my email said!!) Its great to see so much excitement going on! Just 2-3 more months guys! Crazy to think, we are going to be related by tegu! ;o) Can't wait to see your new babies! I'll be posting like crazy when my guy arrives!

Ha ha :) I never really thought of that but you are right! Were all going to be Tegu related lol. Can't wait to see my Gu's siblings as well.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
turtlepunk said:
slideaboot said:
turtlepunk said:
hi! congrats on your new baby!!!!
I ordered my first one from him last month! I CANNOT WAIT!! I put in a request for a male black and white.
I plan to name him Spartacus. I am having a 4'x2' cage being built for him =)
SUPER EXCITED!! JULY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!! =D

You might wanna reconsider building that 4x2 and go with something bigger. That cage MIGHT last you a year. Of course, everybody's situations are different and you might have a plan for that. Just trying to save you an extra HUGE step. You're gonna be STOKED.

yeah I have plans to move him into a bigger enclosure. I think the only reason why i decided to start with a smaller enclosure is because i kept hearing SO MANY opinions on hatchlings stressing out in a bigger enclosure. (which sounds kind of weird when you think of WILD hatchlings who have the whole world at their feet)
what are your guys' opinions on this?

I really have never had an issue putting hatchling tegus in larger enclosures. True, you could spend some time "chasing" them around until they get used to you, but A LOT of that "chasing" can be alleviated by proper PRELIMINARY acclimation techniques. For example, if you're willing to be patient enough to just sit with your hand in the cage for 10-20 minutes at a time, or just spot clean, change water, etc...then eventually your tegus will stop thinking you're a threat and will, most likely, start coming TO you when you open the cage. I've NEVER had to chase a tegu around a cage after the first two weeks of this acclimation technique. They ALWAYS come to the enclosure doors when I open them. Always. Granted, that might just might be my experience, but I think it might be my experience BECAUSE of how I acclimated my tegus to my presence.

Good luck, either way!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
They've only been around for a year, but I do believe that every single one sold last year. If you want one, and he still has one, I'd recommend putting down a deposit ASAP.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
They've only been around for a year, but I do believe that every single one sold last year. If you want one, and he still has one, I'd recommend putting down a deposit ASAP.

I thought he had the AA in 2009 and 2010. Was 2010 the first time he bred these??

Piercedcub32

He was all out, when i inquired for 2011. But shoot him an email, perhaps someone backed out or something. ;o)

slideaboot said:

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm excited for all you with deposits, nothing like opening that package and seeing your baby GU for the first time.

herpgirl2510

Well I just made my deposit on an extreme tegu from Bobby. Now I can be driven crazy with the waiting game like veryone else.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
if i ever get the money for an extreme im getting one.. i love the colors on those and id will be an even bigger cuddle buddy.lol

new2tegus

I just reserved a male, and I'm very excited about the prospect of having another lizard, especially one with so much personality, watching his videos they truly act like dogs with scales haha. My gf seems a little iffy about the thought of having a lizard this large,but she said she would get use to it. I told her not to worry that I would always be around, or close to him when he's free roaming. Can't wait til July.

herpgirl2510

My husband will not even touch my reptiles however he really likes the tegu. He even let my new extreme crawl around on his lap. As long as she is not afraid of them she might get used to it.

Nytes_Haven

I too have a deposit on a male B&W, "Thor", the waiting game is a wee bit agonizing I must say, lol.....At least building his cage, helps fill in the time....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam