• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

2011 orders!?!?

WildlifeLover429

Ok so my BF just fully payed for my Extreme Hatchling that should be hatched around June-July (July 23rd is my b-day!). Im so excited! Has anyone else reserved one of Bobby's ALWAYS AMAZING babies?? I can't wait :) I already have a 50 gallon tank (with most of it ready to be set up) waiting for my little Sobek-Ra (Sobek for short).

Soooo! Who's excited!!! Have any names picked out? Male - Female? Tank already set up? :)

turtlepunk

hi! congrats on your new baby!!!!
I ordered my first one from him last month! I CANNOT WAIT!! I put in a request for a male black and white.
I plan to name him Spartacus. I am having a 4'x2' cage being built for him =)
SUPER EXCITED!! JULY CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!! =D

WildlifeLover429

I know right! Congrats to you too! Once I get him I'm going to take pics and vids and introduce you guys to the little fella.
Thank God for Gu's :D

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
congrats on everyones new tegu, If all pans out i plan on ordering a female b/w from bobby, i Havnt decided on a name yet but im hoping to get a black nose.

turtlepunk

WildlifeLover429 said:
I know right! Congrats to you too! Once I get him I'm going to take pics and vids and introduce you guys to the little fella.

ooohhh yeah definately!!!!
looks like theres gonna be tons of new pics and videos pouring in soon!!! wooo! looking forward to it!

WildlifeLover429

turtlepunk said:
WildlifeLover429 said:

ooohhh yeah definately!!!!
looks like theres gonna be tons of new pics and videos pouring in soon!!! wooo! looking forward to it!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's babies aswell!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I put my order down in late November 2010 for a Male B/W, i have a 75g and all my supplies the bulbs ,calcium supps,hides,water dish, everything else besides the substrate.

I even have aluminium foil to cover the screen top to keep in humidity and i just replaced the part of the mesh screen top where the MVB will be with chicken wire,to allow for more uvb.

The name thing i am still trying to decide on. I am going to go with one of these 4 names, Grimmjow,Byaykuya,pain or sesshomaru (All anime related and characters are bad ass!). Not sure which one but it will hit me soon.

I have wanted a tegu for sooo long and now that the time is almost here i am so excited! The wait from November to june-july i am doing is nothing compared to how long i wanted a tegu. Ounce i get my tegu and new camera this site will be flooded with pictures lol and ofcourse i cannot wait to see all of you guys new baby gu's as well.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is the second best time of the year(after the shipping out of the tegus lol) its exciting to who's getting what. Cant wait til the pics start rolling in!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking of putting a deposit on a AA but,... I want what I had,.. at least one of his siblings from the original clutch. I would be ecstatic :D if I found someone selling an '09 AA.

On the other hand I'm thinking I should hold off until my God Tegu has her first clutch with Txrepgirl :).

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i put down a deposit on a pair of black and whites.cant wait till i get em.

WildlifeLover429

The wait is killing me!!! But its sooo going to be worth it! My BF is deciding wether or not he wants to oder an All American for himself :) I hope he does (I really want of those too). Can you house an extreme and american together? will they have problem in the future (Male & Male or Male & Female?)

slideaboot

5 Year Member
turtlepunk said:
I ordered my first one from him last month! I CANNOT WAIT!! I put in a request for a male black and white.

You might wanna reconsider building that 4x2 and go with something bigger. That cage MIGHT last you a year. Of course, everybody's situations are different and you might have a plan for that. Just trying to save you an extra HUGE step. You're gonna be STOKED.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
turtlepunk said:

You might wanna reconsider building that 4x2 and go with something bigger. That cage MIGHT last you a year. Of course, everybody's situations are different and you might have a plan for that. Just trying to save you an extra HUGE step. You're gonna be STOKED.

I agree completely. As slide stated, everyones situations are different. If possible I would definitely go with something a little bit larger. My tegu is about 3.5ft and about 10 months old. If it is a space issue you might want to consider doing something like having a bit more height so you can add some kind of platform or shelf later on to give your tegu some more floorspace.

AvaHal12

I order a B&W Tegu from Varnyard back in March 2011. I have looked at every website on tegus... twice!!! I have designed, on paper, my tegu's cage at least four times. I plan on starting to build the enclosure the second weekend in May. The only good thing about having so much time is shopping for sales online for supplies.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
AvaHal12 said:
I plan on starting to build the enclosure the second weekend in May. The only good thing about having so much time is shopping for sales online for supplies.

Congrats,maybe we'll have one from the same clutch :D. Got that right about the shopping online,i prob spent about $300 on tegu supplies online from water condtioner to lights and decor,i just keep buying lol :p, time is flying now kind of,i put my deposit down in late novmeber and look now already 4 months into the year. Let's hope june/july comes this fast if not faster!

turtlepunk

slideaboot said:
turtlepunk said:

yeah I have plans to move him into a bigger enclosure. I think the only reason why i decided to start with a smaller enclosure is because i kept hearing SO MANY opinions on hatchlings stressing out in a bigger enclosure. (which sounds kind of weird when you think of WILD hatchlings who have the whole world at their feet)
what are your guys' opinions on this?

hanniebann

5 Year Member
My opinion is that I dont wanna be stuck shasing a hatchling around a 8x4 enclosure. lol. jp. In my opinion, get a larger enclosure, they'll be fine. Put everything they need in one half or section, and leave a couple hides on the other end. Most likely they'll stay within the area of the things they need. I don't think they should stress out unless they feel threatened and can't hide :/

frost

1,000+ Post Club
sigh,all this talk of hatchlings is making me want july to come faster. when they hatch im gonna loose a lot of sleep lol.

WildlifeLover429

lol me to! When the day comes that my two boys are supposed to arrive, im going to wake up sooo early and wait right at the door waiting for it to ring! :D

Piercedcub32

Made my deposit on an Extreme male today (only a few left is what my email said!!) Its great to see so much excitement going on! Just 2-3 more months guys! Crazy to think, we are going to be related by tegu! ;o) Can't wait to see your new babies! I'll be posting like crazy when my guy arrives!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980