• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The Big Girls

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
These 2 girls are each 15 ft. and close to 150lbs. The cage they are in is a 2.5ft. x 7ft. . Yes they are a little cramped but . I don't feed them in the cage. I get them out of the cage and feed them in the middle of the floor. One of them ate 4 12lb rabbits last night. The other ate 3 12lb rabbits. I have them sold to a man that has built 2 10ft. cages to house each one in separately. These 2 were part of the rescue from 2 weeks ago. Well I hope you like the snakes.
snakesandstuff004.jpg

snakesandstuff007.jpg

snakesandstuff009.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh freaking man they are big.. I dont think i will ever own anything that could eat me. But they are beautiful.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Yeah I weigh 170 lbs . They weigh as much as I do. I had to go get them by myself. The ASPCA guys wouldn't even go in the room with them. Some of the cops there were big guys . So called tough guys. Not the first one offered to help me. When I got done. One of them said that what I did was either the Bravest thing he had ever seen . Or the stupidest thing he had ever seen. What I told him was. What I thought was stupid was a bunch of grown men scared of 2 little old snakes and walked off. LOL

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol oh man.. yeah well i wouldnt go sticking my hands into a snakes cage that i didnt know.. so you are a very very brave guy.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Wow, GORGEOUS patternless albino!!! They are huge...FOUR RABBITS?!?! Geeze, that's amazing!

hoosier

5 Year Member
Two beautiful burms! me and my friend took his 15ft female around our school for educatation purpose. the snake was 155lbs and im only 135 and david was only 145. lol the snake was bigger than us. lol

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks but Bravery really doesn't have anything to do with it. It's one of those things where "Somebody has got to do it". It really doesn't bother me to wrestle a big snake. I do it because I love it. I care about what happens to the snakes like these. They didn't ask to be put in cages and shown off to make people look Brave to have them. That's why most people own them. I myself find it offensesive. I feel that these snakes should only be in the hands of Zoos and capable keepers. I have the luxury of having access to an unlimited supply of feeders for large snakes. I have a chicken farm. I keep 70,000 chcikens at a time. So food isn't hard to find. So I use my resourses to help the state get these big snakes into hands that are capable.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. My friend and I plan on gathering a collection of large snakes and showing them. We used to do it all the time. We are both just getting to where we have time to do it again. My friend had knee replacement surgery and is strong and on his feet again. So look out world here we come again. LOL

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I think it's great to educate people about them, so as they aren't afraid/don't hate them, and so they know that not everyone should keep such a large animal. Great job!!!!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My buddy Olin's roommate keeps burms (along with a record-in-length setting Taiwanese Beauty.) I LOVE his female albino Burm...they can (if worked with a lot) such gentle giants. SOO much fun to cuddle with ;)

Azaleah

5 Year Member
I love burmese pythons. They are definately one of my favorite types of reptiles. I can't wait till I have the space to own one again.

Beazer

5 Year Member
I have been nailed on the hand hardcore by a 13ft burm (even coiled up around my arm). After she was done coiling and I regained feeling and the blood started draining out of the teeth marks in my hand, that was absolutely painful lol. So Wes, You are very brave for reaching in there with not just one but two lol. Glad you care about the animals too, they need all the help they can get.

-Jon DeLong

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
This is a bite from an 8ft. female. I have learned some tricks to getting one off and getting it's attention. I was by myself when I got bit this time. I have been bite but never had one keep his hands on me long enough to coil. They play for keeps so. You have to be smarter than they are. Here is a pic that I am talking about the bite. This pic is 15 minutes later. I wish I had took other pics. My arm turned black blue and even red. LOL They can bite hard. This is a bite from a fairly good size female 8ft. Burm.
owynseyeaftertheblackcow030.jpg

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I had a 6.5 ft red tail bite me one day and coil around my arm. Didn't hurt too bad, but sucked because I was trying to show a couple that snakes aren't so bad...then she bit me. lol!

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
We will be showing some of the snakes we have at Petco of all places in Decatur Alabama. The first year I made every employee that they had listen to a lecture about proper care and feeding of reptiles. I really milked it for all it was worth. But it's amazing how much better their reptiles are kept and the manager says they sell more than most around the area. So education does go along way in places like that if they listen to you. Gotta work from the inside not the outside. I volunteer my time as long as they can stand the lectures I give. LOL It's more a Q&A now than a lecture. I have done this for going on 3 years. So most already have heard what I have to say. I can let them come to me and just ask me stuff now. I also do one at the Huntsville Petco also. But believe me when one tries to give bad advice while I'm around. They get corrected on the spot .Not in a bad way. But they get the hint. I do it at every pet store I go to. LOL I kinda the reptile POLICE. LOL

Kazzy

5 Year Member
lol nice! I try...no one listens to a younger person like that here though. The judge me for my age and such, and it bugs me...but what can I do? I'll just keep trying. It's good that you do that. We need that here...Maybe if I bring in large snakes it'll just scare them into thinking I know what I'm talking about? lol! Nah, but I do take Xander and Aidan with me to pet stores typically and try to inform them about him, and some of their other reptiles. I was at petsmart the other day and about punched this girl in the face...they had crested geckos with a basking temperature of 90-100 F...they can't be kept above 85, and even I think that's too high. I tried to tell them, but she just did this "uh huh" thing in a tone of "yeah...shut the heck up, no one cares...".

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
lol nice! I try...no one listens to a younger person like that here though. The judge me for my age and such, and it bugs me...but what can I do? I'll just keep trying. It's good that you do that. We need that here...Maybe if I bring in large snakes it'll just scare them into thinking I know what I'm talking about? lol! Nah, but I do take Xander and Aidan with me to pet stores typically and try to inform them about him, and some of their other reptiles. I was at petsmart the other day and about punched this girl in the face...they had crested geckos with a basking temperature of 90-100 F...they can't be kept above 85, and even I think that's too high. I tried to tell them, but she just did this "uh huh" thing in a tone of "yeah...shut the heck up, no one cares...".

Luckily, I am growing my beard back in, and when it is in, I pass for around 18-20 no problem. I've even passed for 23 before XD
Also, I'm a fairly big guy, and am still growing. I'm 6 foot 2 in and having a growth spurt XD

Anyway, when a big 6 foot 2 in. guy has something to tell you about reptiles, people tend to listen a lil more than they usually listen to someone let's say, shorter, smaller, and/or without a beard XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980