• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue's adventure across the frozen USA!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Wow, yours is beautiful. It has so much white on it and some substantial stripes on it. Mine has more black in it.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Thanks for checking us out here. I'm fairly sure that blue is a girl as I can feel nor see any bumps and that's the vibe I get anyway. We'll call her Belle until proven otherwise. I took a couple more the other day after she got her fill of turkey. She made quite the mess so I broke out the mini clean-up crew, my pair of Ackies who ate almost half of what Belle left amazingly enough! (considering they're about as big around as your finger and around a foot long, mostly tail) Here's today's pic:

Blue Belle belly :lol:

belle3-09.jpg

BTW...
Before anyone trips, it's a "good hot rock" now, I cut the cord off it and placed it under the heat lamp. ;)
Construction continues on the next temporary enclosure as she's growing nicely.

EG6

5 Year Member
man...belle is lookin good in every photo shot...love da colors on her man...keep doin ur thing man..

Beasty

5 Year Member
Thanks guys!
I caught Belle stretched out next to the glass just now and broke out the tape measure. Apparently, she has grown 3 inches in the past 48 days. She has just shed and growing fast. Now if I can just get everybody else to catch up!
I'm hoping to have warm enough weather for an outdoor shoot here soon.

Beasty

5 Year Member
Where's those pix man?!
Belle is 26 inches as of the other day...and looks like she's gonna split her skin as of yesterday. I've been feeding her as much as she'll eat but she gets stuffed and won't eat for a day and she only eats once a day even if offered more.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Check it out: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3637</a><!-- l --> :-D

Beasty

5 Year Member
UPDATE: New Blue's adventure across the frozen USA!

I took Belle out today for an exploration of the back yard.
The camera went with and these are the results:

7-3-09-4web.jpg

7-3-09-1web.jpg

7-3-09-2web.jpg

7-3-09-3web.jpg

7-3-09-6web.jpg

7-3-09-5web.jpg

And finally the happy GU basking on the lawn.
happyGU.jpg

I forgot to get an accurate measurement of her today but I'd say she's over 32" by now.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lookin' goooood! That's a very interesting pattern on her side (white spots)!

And she's only a little over 8 months old!

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Beasty I have that same leash in purple... very sexy gu!!! Also... don't all your blues have white spots Dave? excuse me as I take this chance to post MORE pics of bloo :app :app :app

Attachments

• 026bb.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 7
  • 044bb.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5
  • 055bb.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 5

Beasty

5 Year Member
kryptonitebarz said:
oooo very interesting :) Beasty how does Belle like going out on the leash and ow is her tempermant?
Umm..Out?= DIGGIN' IT! Leash= Not so much
Temperament is GREAT!
I should be letting her hang out more often but she is pretty awesome when I do let her hang.
Example:
When I first moved here to my new place I didn't have help to move her cage down the stairs and didn't feel too froggy to do it myself as I'd packed and wrestled enough for the day. So, I wanted to bring Belle over as my largest(easiest to find if it went to hide) tegu to introduce to my new roommate. She was quite the lady when introduced to the 2 cats here(that live upstairs) and behaved herself well. My roommate noticed I had scratches on my arms and asked about that. We all know what that is, hunh? So he breaks out one of those "Pet-i-cure" sand the nails down bit. I had thought of using a Dremel as I had done in the past for my old Savannah so I figured "Let's try it!"
I held Belle while he turned on the Pet-i-cure. I carefully placed her nails in the sander bit and she was not bothered at all! "Yeah, big deal. Who cares?" was the attitude I got from her. Next he tried his cats who were NOT so carefree about the process! LOL!
After the Pet-i-cure, I needed to rest as I work graves so my schedule is...well, I have no set schedule really. Eh, it pays decent w/o a degree so...
I take Belle down to my room, turn on the tube and lay down with her under the sheets with me. She did move around a bit but stayed under the sheets the whole time nuzzled up against me. She's a little cuddle bug!

Out of ALL the lizards I have had(approx. 40 species and various numbers of each) I have only had one Savannah monitor and one Rock Iguana almost like this. (once out of the cage)
Now I have ONLY Tegus and they're all almost this good. Tegus ROCK! :roon

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm glad she got a great temperament. She must be very comfortable with you.

You had a Sav & Rock almost as good??? Our Rock is good but I still have to respect that mouth, just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980