• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dating in the reptile world

Cassie

My fiance and I are both incredibly into reptiles...so much so I got him something with scales for Valentine's Day...lasts a hell of a lot longer than a box of chocolates!

Sometimes it can get a bit monotonous, talking about where to go with our breeding projects and what to expand on next, where the funds for it all is coming from...but at the end of the day I'm sharing my life and my passion with someone I love and it couldn't be any better. The last few people I dated disliked exotics (I'm a reptile and bird person) and I had to suppress that part of who I was just to be with them, it was just lying to myself and I said the next person would have to deal with who I was and what I'm passionate about.
Not only does he deal with it, he participates in it.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't still be with him if we weren't equally into reptiles and exotics.

Ultimately, you need someone who not only puts up with your idiosyncrasies but loves them because they make you an individual. Anyone who wants to change any part of you isn't the sort of person you should want to spend any amount of time with.
They can take you as you are or leave.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
My bf paid for niles ( my tegu) after i was so upset at losing my money to bobby hill and waiting so long. He also bought me a tarantula for my b'day :) i agree about the chocolates <3

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Speaking of awesomeness... he just surprised me with this!!!! Like minutes ago!!! [attachment=6726]jungle carpet!!! <3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364516750772.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364516750772.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 22

anelk002

5 Year Member
I always found luck I guess. Any girl I was in a relationship with always lived my reptiles... especially my first tegu I had in High School. My fiance now loves my new little guy and was a little skeptical at first that I wanted one really has enjoyed it and gets excited every time it is out and comes up to her :)) Just keep looking youll find the right one.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Laura, I'm DEAD serious on the psycopath bit. Last ex had me move in with her - only for me to find out she and her new mate had plans on dismembering my lifeless corpse. The one before that had been playing some games with my head - until I found out she was actually secretely marrying someone (denied it of course). I could go on and on. At worst I know a crocodile wants to eat me. People on the other hand seem to be unhappy unless they can cause permanent suffering.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ahhh.... :( We're not all that bad. Some of us are wonderful, caring people who have been happily married for 20 yrs ;).

But that is a pretty weird string of luck you've had there, lol. Maybe you should change the places you meet people. o_O

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Roadkill said:
Laura, I'm DEAD serious on the psycopath bit. Last ex had me move in with her - only for me to find out she and her new mate had plans on dismembering my lifeless corpse. The one before that had been playing some games with my head - until I found out she was actually secretely marrying someone (denied it of course). I could go on and on. At worst I know a crocodile wants to eat me. People on the other hand seem to be unhappy unless they can cause permanent suffering.

Give the girl some slack. She was going to kill you BEFORE dismembering you. You need to be more forgiving.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
That's just it, Dubya, she claimed A) she WASN'T planning to kill me first and B) that my fears were unfounded as they were talking (via email) about dismembering someone else (they didn't use names in their communications). Like I said, no exaggeration, deranged psychopaths (no, no, no honey, you have it all wrong! Yes I'm sleeping with someone else, and I've been deliberately trying to drive you into depression with my unpredictable and demoralizing behaviour, but you shouldn't be worried because it is someone you don't know at all that we want to hack up into little pieces....I love you)

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Omg roadkill... wow. Well alrhough my death was never planned out (that i know of) i was in a 19 yr relationship...4 kids, etc. I put 50,000 into getting house and then 'someone ' decided he wanted to be with some younger 'woman ' (whore) haha. Oh and now they are getting married (we never were) and my oldest daughter lives w them and won't talk to me and both daughters are going to be bridesmaids in wedding! Oh and he let my house foreclose trying to leave me homeless( he took all equity out of home to buy business buildings which one he rents out) ...am i forgetting anything? Other than all the 'mutual friends ' we had are all so happy for 'them ' and don't talk to me. List of hurt goes on. Yep. Thank god for my current bf. He picked up all my 'baggage ' and helped me (and my kids) carry it :) he won't let me get a gator ;p (yet) haha. BUT supports my love for exotics. (Within reason) I'll pray for you that those of you that are struggling with this crap will have people come into your life that will understand, love and support you <3 i honestly thought my world had ended when my ex left. And in court he even tried to get the court to 'remove the dangerous snakes from the home ' knowing full well they were my KIDS ball python and corn snake they had since hatchlings and had NEVER been any kind of danger to anyone ever... so what I'm saying is there are those 'right ' people out there...even when you think you'll never find them :)

Oh and depression and demoralizing behavior... ugh. Pm me if you need to talk buddy. I was controlled and manipulated for 19 yrs... trust me, i can sympathize. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029