• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dating in the reptile world

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I just got out of a long term relationship with a girl who was very tolerant of my reptiles and understanding of my passion for them. I wouldn't give up Chelvis, you'll find the right person eventually I'm sure.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Dating in the reptile world

Dubya said:
Look, I used to have a collection of 13 tarantulas in my bedroom. Some girls had a bit of a problem with it. Especially when they woke up in the morning and saw it for the first time. One did, but learned to accept it. Now that woman is my wife and she loves Gwangi and all the animals. You do not need a reptile person, but any animal lover will accept your reptiles if they truly love animals. Enough of this touchy feely crap! I gotta go hit on Batgirl1.

...didn't think i'd catch that, did ya! Hahaha! :)

On the topic of exotics, it is sometimes good not to partner up with someone who is 'as passionate ' about reptiles as you. Yes they should 'like ' them but maybe not be as into them because it will help prevent one from appearing on 'animal hoarders '. Haha. Which i am getting close ;p thank god my bf likes to build enclosures :)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You just got be pleasant, like Dubya said. Today I got to play "I'm thinking of an animal" with my hubby over the phone.

Daughter and I...Gotta minute to play a game? I'm thinking of an animal (it's a 20 questions game the kids and I play)
Hubby...Not really, oh ok....(goes through some guesses) It's a lobster? Why do you have a live lobster on your lap?
Me....Well, it's really a crayfish, y'know, a blue lobster
Hubby...Why did you get a blue lobster?
Me...I don't know. I went to the pet store to buy a snail.
Hubby...well, ok, but I gotta go to work now.

So now we are at home watching a crayfish. And the trip to get one snail also included that lobster, one rat pup, and a bunch of crickets. never fails.

tjohnson722

My husband is just as passionate as I am about reptiles. He is building me a reptile room he likes them so much.

I swear they're out there. Maybe try a country girl. They love beer, are familiar with hard work, don't mind bad smells lol, and tolerate many animals. Just an idea.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

laurarfl said:
You just got be pleasant, like Dubya said. Today I got to play "I'm thinking of an animal" with my hubby over the phone.

Daughter and I...Gotta minute to play a game? I'm thinking of an animal (it's a 20 questions game the kids and I play)
Hubby...Not really, oh ok....(goes through some guesses) It's a lobster? Why do you have a live lobster on your lap?
Me....Well, it's really a crayfish, y'know, a blue lobster
Hubby...Why did you get a blue lobster?
Me...I don't know. I went to the pet store to buy a snail.
Hubby...well, ok, but I gotta go to work now.

So now we are at home watching a crayfish. And the trip to get one snail also included that lobster, one rat pup, and a bunch of crickets. never fails.

This is just like my house. Who knows April 14th I may come home from reptile show with something like an alligator.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
@ Laura :) I had a blue crawfish once, also went to the store to get some feeders for my BILs Oscars and they had one. I went for goldfish and came back with those, shrimp, snails and the crawfish. I don't do fish tanks anymore because I always want to put too much stuff in'em, then have to buy more tanks. I think I still have one of it's shells packed up some where from when it molted.

@ Chelvis it'll happen... it takes time, trial and error but the right person pops up eventually. :p Sometimes more than one at the same time then you really have some decisions to make. I don't date much or go looking for relationships but that's usually how it works for me. My main issue is I'm too nonchalant about relationships... marriage and kids as well. For me if it happens it happens, if it doesn't then... it doesn't, I'll be fine either way. Which can be an issue for some.
I'm not gonna say don't change since there's nothing wrong with changing yourself (to a degree) for someone else, if it makes both people happy and you a better person for it. Relationships are a compromise and change is apart of it.

Roadkill

5 Year Member
Personally, while I understand your discomfort with finding a lady willing to accept the reptiles and how important they are to you, I usually find that is one of my least worries. In my experience, my greatest concern is in finding out they're deranged psychopaths after you've gotten involved with them. These days, I'd rather wade into the Everglades with 20lbs of raw meat around my neck than date someone I haven't had a thorough background check on.

bfb345

Well i cant offer much advice here due to the fact i am 15 though all of the girls i have dated have been cool with my reptiles you will find the one it just takes time

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Dubya said:
I just had a thought. People on this thread (including myself) are telling you not to change and to find someone who accepts you as you are. But what if you are an a-hole? Or if you never bathe? Or you have no manners? If that is the case, then I would say change. If not, then stick to your guns.

chitodadon said:
My wife hates godzilla

from Samsung Galaxy S3

You need to convince her to hold Zilla close to her warm bosom and whisper in his little ear holes what a good and handsome lizard he is. She must do that every day. She should also hold him close and sing him lullabys before he goes to sleep and then kiss his cheek and tuck him into his hide. After about a month, she will probably love him like her own.
Bump@Chitodadon

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Yea I tey she won't if I was gone she won't take care of him or feed him

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Yes, Laura. The one who runs it is a tegutalk member. I can't remember the name of it.

www.mustlovereptiles.com

tjohnson722

Re: RE: Dating in the reptile world

BatGirl1 said:
Did someone say alligator??? Hmmmm. :)

Yes. They sell alligators at my reptile show. Ahhh.... Absolutely love them.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
I'm not allowed to get one. Dubya won't let me... :p

Just making sure that Eric doesn't throw you out. Now just forget about that gator

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Well I'm really excited now because he finally said yes to the carpet python. He said we can't afford both hognose(i was going to get at expo) AND carpet...so i said ok if i don't get hognose can we get carpet they have at petco? He said yes :) yaaaay! Only thing is the REASON i want this particular carpet is it was 'going to ' be bought by employee but he decided on some other snake. Now from like 275 or something it's 150! Because been sitting there and now it's aggressive even to him because nobody works with it now. :( poor baby. So it NEEDS me. I'm going to try to tame it but if can't it's ok I'll still love it. They have it in a SMALL tank with no height and no branches for it to perch (which they love to do) . :( I'm going to give it a good home and lots of love :) even if it bites me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029