• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Well...

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Honestly at this point, it might not be worth it. Have you spoken to the Vet about the possible outcomes of the surgery? What is the percentage that it will be successfull? What about the bacteria and dead tissue? Can the growth of both be stopped? You might end up putting out $1200 only to find out that you prolonged her life only a few more months at most. I hate to see animals suffer and sometimes the best thing to do is put them down. I hope you both can pull through this. I for one am rooting for ya, I'm just sorry I'm not in a position to help you out other than moral support.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I'll have to talk to him more when I go back in, which will be in a few days. I just really hope to save her. Her life is more than money to me.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I'm taking her in Monday to get her put down, after a lot of thought. There is just no way I'll get the money in time to save her, and I know she is in pain. I've named her Abeni...poor girl :bawl

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Her cloaca has fallen completely off, and she looks awful. I'd take her now to get her put down but no vet clinic is open. All I can do is keep her comfortable. She's wrapped up in a warm towel and laying in my lap right now. I made her a good hard boiled egg and dubia meal but she won't eat. She goes tomorrow to be put down if she makes it through the night *tears*

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like her last few hours with you will be her best. You can't win all the battles.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Well...thought I'd update on this. I've still got her, and besides needing to put on weight...she's doing GREAT!!

Gah, I thought she was going to die that night, I really did. Stayed up with her for a while, was really down about it, and woke up the next morning to her begging me to let her out and roam around. She even at, and pooed (no blood or anything in the stool!)
So, know she's doing great, eats when she feels like it...but she is PICKY!

Only problem right now is that she wants to hibernate, but I'm not comfortable enough with her weight to let her just yet, and she won't eat sometimes, will others. I've tried force feeding (well, sort of, more of me just putting the mouse in her mouth and hoping she'll do the rest). I'm going to try some Pedylite to try and boost her appetite.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
I just read that full article for the first time and that was just one sad story from start to finish, I just started caring for my own tegu and simply have fallen in love with these creatures...i can only imagine what you feel like right now, but you honestly did everything in your power to save her...theres just nothing more you can do except treat her the best you can until its time. Im very sorry for your loss and the best of luck to you :(

ashesc212

5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
I just read that full article for the first time and that was just one sad story from start to finish, I just started caring for my own tegu and simply have fallen in love with these creatures...i can only imagine what you feel like right now, but you honestly did everything in your power to save her...theres just nothing more you can do except treat her the best you can until its time. Im very sorry for your loss and the best of luck to you :(

I think in the last post she said the little guy is okay now.

LouDog760

5 Year Member
I've just red all of these post, I'm glad to hear she's alright but what happened? She got better out of no where...

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, I'm curious, too. I would think if the cloaca had tears, became necrotic, fell off, and part went back into her body, there would have to be some sort of peritonitis. That is an amazing story if it is a recovery...wow.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
It just fell off. I was sure she was going to die, and was going to take her to get her put down the next morning. But when I got up and went to look in on her, she was moving around, had pooped, and looked at me like she thought my head looked like a yummy roasted turkey! Ever since, I've kept her, and she's been doing great, and is finally taking food down really well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029