• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UVB lighting question

Patimus

5 Year Member
No I do not, I could order one online, for 25 bucks plus shipping, and shipping would be expensive as I am in Canada. The guy at my local pet store is familiar with Tegu's and he has been giving me advice also. He said he would order a temp gun for me. He also said that I should not feed it turkey or chicken, because of salmonella.

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Well try to get the temp gun soon. About feeding turkey... I think about 95% of people on here feed it Including Bobby. I have never heard of turkey getting the tegu sick, but I guess your scared that you will get sick? Just make sure to wash your hands after handling and keep the tegu away from places you put your food. And do not kiss your tegu...........

Patimus

5 Year Member
I checked the temps with a digital thermometer. And I have his basking spot at 102 with The original basking lamp I originally bought, and the MVB. I'm just worried she is getting too much UVB, I don't want to burn her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029