• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

update

boyd1955

Black and whites and reds are definitely different
I may be busy but not silenced
Like some of you are starting to admit
There are black and white tegus ... And there are red tegus ... And there are Golden/Columbian tegus
The rest is crap
I love tegus and am sick of this nonsense being conjured up by these people trying to make money out of them
There are loads of colour variations in the wild
Its completely normal
It does not make the species anything different from the original three
You people who are trying to make up this nonsense about hybrids, AAs and extremes are a joke ... None of these things are original or anything that does not occur in the wild amongst the base species
Basically you are just trying to con people who know no better ... And possibly yourselves
Now grow up and stop spouting this rubbish and move on into the twentieth century when we aren't putting up with this greed and nonsense
Tegu's are wonderful and don't need your business crap to prove it
And this is from a real tegu lover not a business man or someone who wants people to think they have better things than anyone else
Ban me if you want to and prove that this place has become nothing more than a site to promote business rather than a site for people who love tegus and want to exchange knowledge and help each other look after our tegus

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are very few "business" people that frequent this site.

The problem is you have no idea what you are talking about or what makes a hybrid a hybrid. At this point there are only 3 species of tegu available in the pet trade. Two of those are able to crossed which creates a hybrid. Whether or not it happens in the wild doesn't change the fact that it is a hybrid.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
The one thing that i can say is alot of people who replied to this post dont breed,so con people i dont know about that:dodgy:.The extreme chacoan tegu is a argentine tegu as far as i know just a different color both Tupinambis merianae.Red tegus are argentine tegus as well Tupinambis Rufescens,but a redxblue to me are a hybrid just my opinion,i always thought blue tegus were some what in the argentine blk/wht blood line just my opinion lol and thats were they started.Now do i think some breeders use hybrid and things to there advantage oh yes just to get more money for the tegus.But thats there prerogative and if its out of your price range than dont buy it and stop being a hater!!!!!Everybody thats on this tegu forum for the most part takes good care of there tegus and cares for thrm alot from what i read .

got10

TeguBuzz said:
boyd1955 said:
You can call it a hybrid as much as you like ... Its just a plain old black and white tegu ... Its just like all this blue nonsense ... They are mating blues and of course not getting what they were expecting
Vanguard on here put it quite nicely
" Tegus are polymorphic, meaning in tegus they are known for occurring in several forms and there are no set rules as for color or pattern. Normal tegus, red tegus, giant tegus and blue tegus can range from very dark to very light in color, and they can show whites, blacks, grays, yellows, reds, oranges, blues and even greens in the color. These all can also occur in the same clutch within siblings.
So all though, black and white are the primary color in normal Argentines, red, blacks and grays in reds, blue, black and browns in blues, creams, whites, grays and blacks in giants, many other colors may also occur as well. Same is true when it comes to pattern. You might breed two very dark tegus and get some very light ones, or breed very light ones and get dark ones, there are no set colors in tegus, and they can vary a lot from tegu to tegu. "
You can breed what the hell you like and call it a hybrid, but it means nothing
Thats whats so stupid about all this blue business ... People have bred their blues and got black and whites ... They are saying they are blues due to their parentage ... Its rubbish
The gene pool of Argentinian tegus in captivity is so small that basically they are all just black and white or red ... They may have a couple of little bits of other colour in but nothing that interesting ... And some may grow bigger than others ... But that is the same in all creatures anyway

Are you kidding me?

If we ignore ,it may go away .lol

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is getting rediculous whether or not you can admit to the facts, they still remain the op has an all american hybrid tegu, this thread will be closed now

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is getting rediculous whether or not you can admit to the facts, they still remain the op has an all american hybrid tegu, this thread will be closed now

got10

boyd1955 said:
Black and whites and reds are definitely different
I may be busy but not silenced
Like some of you are starting to admit
There are black and white tegus ... And there are red tegus ... And there are Golden/Columbian tegus
The rest is crap
I love tegus and am sick of this nonsense being conjured up by these people trying to make money out of them
There are loads of colour variations in the wild
Its completely normal
It does not make the species anything different from the original three
You people who are trying to make up this nonsense about hybrids, AAs and extremes are a joke ... None of these things are original or anything that does not occur in the wild amongst the base species
Basically you are just trying to con people who know no better ... And possibly yourselves
Now grow up and stop spouting this rubbish and move on into the twentieth century when we aren't putting up with this greed and nonsense
Tegu's are wonderful and don't need your business crap to prove it
And this is from a real tegu lover not a business man or someone who wants people to think they have better things than anyone else
Ban me if you want to and prove that this place has become nothing more than a site to promote business rather than a site for people who love tegus and want to exchange knowledge and help each other look after our tegus

Cool. How may Gu's do you have as pets ? I had 13 but now am down to 10. And i have owned all the available known argentine types in the pet trade reds, b/w, and blues.
I have to ask this though, why are you so anti blue tegu? Since i have seen you appear on this forum i have noticed that you have many strong opinions . But can you please inform us as to your source of information as we can be so enlightened too. Because it seems you have plenty of info . And if you are onto something it just might be able to turn this forum around as well as the reptile trade as we know it. Actually you should start a thread just on your info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980