• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update pictures of my patternless yearlings

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I guess it would be better to call them reduced pattern, lol. Here are more pics of some of them, some have not shed and are still dirty looking.

Attachments

• DSCN5119.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 2
  • DSCN5402.JPG
  • DSCN5395.JPG
  • DSCN5356.JPG
  • DSCN5143.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 0

Beasty

5 Year Member
Diggin' the stripes! :roon
I'm not crazy about the darker heads and burnt nose but it looks good on them. It'll be interesting to see how that comes out in the future.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They will be old enough to breed in 2010, the male will be old enough this summer, but the girls will only be two.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are 100% normal Argentines, I selectively bred these for color and reduced pattern, and they are not inbred. I bred unrelated adults that showed these traits. I kept one male from one clutch and two females from another clutch to breed together in 2010. The four adults are not related either.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
What is the ultimate outcome you're seeking? All white? All black? And if it works will you be trying other species like Reds or Blues? I'd love to see an all Gold. I bet that would be sweet looking as well as all white. I notice lots of your extremes are more white. Would this be a typical thing or more characteristic to your breeding techniques?

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I belive bobby oly has two pairs of adult extemes untill next year when his first clutch is old enough. If thats the case I don't think he would have much of a chance to try selective breeding with only 4 animals. So I would say thats how they naturaly are.

Beasty

5 Year Member
crimsonrazac said:
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I belive bobby oly has two pairs of adult extemes untill next year when his first clutch is old enough. If thats the case I don't think he would have much of a chance to try selective breeding with only 4 animals. So I would say thats how they naturaly are.
Yes 2 pair is correct, (4 unrelated animals)so that is pretty much how they are I would guess. My male is lighter than my female but both are very nice looking. Selective breeding can be done by taking "select" couples from different parents that have a desired trait you are looking to perpetuate. The only problem he faces with extremes is the variety of selection will run out past the babies of the original pairs.(you can take a pair each year and breed them too and just take care not to cross the bloodlines back over so as not to inbreed) Otherwise you can breed the tegus for many years to come. Eventually the Extremes will have to be out-crossed but not any time soon.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
One of my young females Z:

Attachments

• DSCN5644.JPG
  • DSCN5647.JPG
  • DSCN5642.JPG
  • DSCN5641.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 1
  • DSCN5640.JPG

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
May I ask again which colour you are going for? I'm thinking all white? And would it be easier to get that from the extremes since they show more white already? I'm guessing from the pics you're trying for all white?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am not breeding them for white, but reduced pattern, note the lack of banding on the back. Here are more pics of my young male:

Attachments

• DSCN5696.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 1
  • DSCN5695.JPG
  • DSCN5700.JPG

kaa

5 Year Member
I know this is old, but how awesome would this look in this line of tegus?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=759635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=759635</a><!-- m -->

Patternless all americans?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.