• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update.. (pics)

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Ok, so I thought I would give you all a little progress report. This was my tegu Mushu when I first got "him" almost 2 months ago..

He was about 8 inches long here (rough estimate)
100_1237-1.jpg

100_1240-1.jpg

This is "him" now. I measured 17 inches about a week ago. He weighs about 200 grams (before his breakfast).
100_1435.jpg

100_1417.jpg

So, almost 10 inches in less than 2 months. I don't know his acutal age because the store couldn't tell me. Anyway, Is that a healthy growth rate? He has shed 3 times since I've had him, twice in two weeks. And do you think it is possible to determine "his" sex?

jntann

5 Year Member
HI. nice pics. I would guess under 6 months old looks very healthy they grow very fast. it is not long enough to tell but I guess female.

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
Nice baby youve got there and thats a great growing rate, I cant believe how fast they grow! Did you check for the little buttons on the base of the tail yet? Its probably still too young to tell. Sometimes the buttons beging to show are around 20plus inches and sometimes not until about 3 feet. One of my tegus is 32 inches and has them.. my other tegu is 20 inches and has none yet.

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Thank you for all of the nice comments everyone :p

I checked for the little buttons on the base of the tail and I didn't see any. It's probably just too early to tell. That's fine though, it doesn't matter to me either way. I love him to death (not literally), he's such a little charater. I know how much everyone loves pictures, so here are some more.
Haha, sorry I am not a photographer by any means..
100_1422.jpg

100_1428.jpg

100_1432.jpg

Ratchet

5 Year Member
dragonqueen4 said:
Nice baby youve got there and thats a great growing rate, I cant believe how fast they grow! Did you check for the little buttons on the base of the tail yet? Its probably still too young to tell. Sometimes the buttons beging to show are around 20plus inches and sometimes not until about 3 feet. One of my tegus is 32 inches and has them.. my other tegu is 20 inches and has none yet.

Buttons?? what do buttons mean?? what do they feel like?? :?:

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Re: Update. (DUW!!)

Everyone's doing it.. so I'm going to as well! More update pics. He's now 26" give or tak a little. I didn't weigh him, but he's got to be a couple of pounds. Anway, they freaking grow like weeds! So all of you people who just got their Varnyards, they wont stay that size for long!
Beginning of April he was 8"
Beginning of June he was 17"
middle of July 26"
I think that is insane, talk about growth spurt. anyways here you go!
100_1622.jpg

100_1570.jpg

100_1569.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1565.jpg

Still don't know if he is a male or not. I think he is starting to develop jowls though, as you can see in one of the pics. Tell me what you think!

Richard21

5 Year Member
Woah, nice tegu! I would guess a male because I can see the jolws starting to develop. He is growing very well.

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Re: Update! (TONS of pics)

Yay, more pictures! Lounging in the sun. I think he is around 30" now. AND he thinks he's a kitty. What a hard life he lives :p But really, he is a doll and he loves attention.

Enjooooy! :)

100_2074.jpg

100_2075.jpg

100_2076.jpg

100_2083.jpg

100_2081.jpg

100_2079.jpg

100_2077.jpg

100_2052-1.jpg

100_2054.jpg

And in his temporary bin haha. This is how I find him in the morning.
100_2086.jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
That is AMAZING! What a beautiful Tegu! Looks like a lady to me, at that size and no jowls.

You did a great job!

Terry

5 Year Member
Your Gu is amazing looking. The growth seem's great from what I've seen, even though im new to Gu's. Where about's in ontario are you, I dont know alot of people on forum's that are from this part of Canada. Man I hope mine grow's lots like your's.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Nice tegu by the way,yeah they grow like weeds lol,some of the tegus i've owned that didn't hibernate like some males i had almost were 36'' in 6 months.The argentine i bought from bobby which is a male is growing like crazy is getting big as well.All the tegus i've bought from bobby seem to grow really fast good stock which he has the best stock around in my opinion.

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Thank you for all of the nice comments!

Terry said:
Your Gu is amazing looking. The growth seem's great from what I've seen, even though im new to Gu's. Where about's in ontario are you, I dont know alot of people on forum's that are from this part of Canada. Man I hope mine grow's lots like your's.

I live about an hour North of you, in Gravenhurst. I don't know of many people from Ontario on the Forums, just a few. Did you go to the Mississauga expo? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.