• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The Teenage Phase

nightanole

My tegu was a huge a$$ hole until he turned one. He would huff and puff, whip his tail at us, and generally be mean. When he turned one it was a complete change. Now my 9 year old picks him up and watches TV with him no problem.

Yup, last year you couldnt pick him up unless he was under something, if he was out and about he would just run. This year now that he is 10 pounds, you can pick him up whenever, hes like a butterball turkey.

Medusa

I’m sure others do as well, but I handle my tegu very often. I noticed a distinct change around 9 months that has mellowed a bit as we’re approaching the year mark. He became much more territorial of his hide and less tolerant of handling. I decided just to respect these new boundaries. I’m sure he’ll get to the point within 6 months where things go back to normal, but I definitely have a moody teenager right now
Mines around 9 months and has turned so moody, huffing, doesn't like being touched or held, wants nothing to do with me !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602