• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The start of ......

RobK.

james ,

what kind of paint did you use in your cage and how long does it take to dry . I want to paint all the wood white before i tile and put the back ground in .

Thanks ,
Rob .

meincage.jpg

RobK.

roninwcage1.jpg

roninwcage1.jpg

roninwcage2.jpg

the bottom of the front will be screen for ventilation , with plexi glass on angle for a good view . door right corner .and the top will be painted white 1/2 ply wood . Then i will cut out wholes and sc for the 160 watt MVB and 100 watt halogen . the four 48'' tubes will be mounted inside .

cage4.jpg

RobK. said:

RobK.

I am leaning more in the direction of having the front window in two peace's and a slider and no door on the end . what do you think . ??

RobK.

adding trim , roof ,vent ,and fiber cement sheets to the floor for the tile and grout . I will be adding a 2x4 to the top in front for strength next . then paint , add background to the back and sides and sides . Then the plex-iglass $$$$$ .

ronicage4.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its looking good, I would do the glass as sliding doors. You may need more support on the roof though. Biggest reason I would make sliding glass doors, is that it will get old having to climb all the in to get to the opposite end of the door.

RobK.

james.w said:
Its looking good, I would do the glass as sliding doors. You may need more support on the roof though. Biggest reason I would make sliding glass doors, is that it will get old having to climb all the in to get to the opposite end of the door.

I will be having sliding glass door in front . The 2x4 i mentioned will be supporting the front part of the top , where its sagging in the photo .

ronicage5.jpg

Dana C

Wow that is a great idea for a cage and by using sliding glass doors on the beveled portion it will make a great display set up.

RobK.

adding trim and a couple more coats of missionary paint . Also added the rails for the plexi glass . still need to do the tile . Still looking for fake rock panels for the inside walls and i may need to go to salt lake to get them . Also looking for a bigger ultrasonic humidifier that will hold gallons of water .

ronicage8.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029