• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu sudden aggression

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's just testing boundaries and keeping you on your toes making sure you don't slip.... I've never known any animal or CHILD that doesn't go through this..... Just stay strong stick to your guns and carry on.

Alpha is also being a **** at the min and is unpredictable on a daily basis.

Mamasaurus

Ooooooh she's being a brat lol. I have had this issue only once so far but my Gu isn't that old either. I'm sure it will happen again. Like others have said maybe feed more but if it is out of the enclosure I would pay attention to lighting as shadows will put my boy on edge sometimes and also too if the shed isn't coming off that could be it. That was when he was flying across his enclosure at me for two days and he never shows aggression otherwise. They're a little weird like me I think. Won't lump you in with me though lol. She's beautiful

Merlot

Been good since it noticing any aggression? Mine just gave me a small test bite on the under fat part of my thumb. Didn’t bite hard at all but I felt his mouth on me. Kind of scared the **** out of me lol so I yelled no and balled up my fist and put it towards him as if I’m not scared lol and he ran back to one of his hides. Kind of my fault-ish. I have been feeding him in the enclosure (while this has never been an issue, I notice this guy in particular has a huge food/prey drive so I have been doing it for a while) and lately I haven’t been. I notice his “chase” is getting much stronger and pretty concise. He eats a lot more then my female red did at his age now. Like a lot more. And he had a prolapse recently and have been scared to feed him full full. But he got a fat meal today after his bath and i stuck my hand in there pretty quick to pull out the dish since I didn’t tongue feed today I just had it ready in the enclosure when the bath was done

firfy

She was doing good until today, she started biting me again and the spraying thing doesn’t work she will just keep biting she probably is smelling my other gu too, I dont know what to do anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's hard for me to believe. Terribly abused animals may never cotton to folks. Your's were not abused. Simething changed either outside or inside them. Could be a strange growing phase. The worst Argies are just disininterested.

firfy

Hmm ok I guess I will wait and see if things get any better for me

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Keep in touch closely. I want for things to to work well for you.

firfy

Also my mom suggested to put toys in there with them so they can just bite them, but I dont even know of they will have any interest in the toys.

firfy

My other tegu is now biting whenever I open the cage and I cant even spray the cage with out him biting he is 1 yr old. But anyways I continued with spraying her every time she bites, and the bites have been reduced but she still will bite when she is out

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Sounds hormonal to me. Between her age, and shed - she's having a bad day... or week. Humans can be such a nuisance to deal with, what with all their expectations. = )

I'm always a little more careful with my movements when they're shedding. They seem grumpy, and they want to blame us for all their problems. Hmmmm...reminds me of my kids.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They seem a little prickly during part of the shed cycle. Maybe an uncomfortable feeling.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced