• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu eats baby Iguana video.

CRACK654

5 Year Member
A tegu eating an iguana is no different then it eating a mouse, pinkie, any insect, cat (if it could), or even turkey (only difference is some one else is killin the turkey). If I could get reptiles as cheap as mice I would feed it to my tegu. Less chance of impaction cause theres no fur to digest. I heard in the wild tegus ear primarily other lizards or even other tegus.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jarett_Harrison said:
ok. so would you feed you tegu an iguana? i dont think so. iuana. So say you have a cat. Just got a brand new extream giant. cat eats the tegu. Your ok with that just because of the fact that its nature? If I had a cat that did that it would find a new home. I think its horrible that you guys support that. The tegu is captive. not wild. it doesnt need to eat an iguana. It will do fine on turkey, and what ever else you give it.

If I had an Iguana and it accidentily was killed... yes I would allow it's dead body go to use, as food, before I threw it away...

As for the cat eating a Tegu... Since I acquired the Tegu as a pet, I would take the responsibility to protect it from the preditor, in this case a cat. If I failed to do my job, I would accept that responsibility myself instead of blaming the cat...

You think it's silly that I/we "support that"... but I think it's senseless that you think it's perfectly acceptible to feed your Tegu one animal and not another... provided both are healthy choices...

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
jarett_Harrison said:
ok. so would you feed you tegu an iguana? i dont think so. iuana. So say you have a cat. Just got a brand new extream giant. cat eats the tegu. Your ok with that just because of the fact that its nature? If I had a cat that did that it would find a new home. I think its horrible that you guys support that. The tegu is captive. not wild. it doesnt need to eat an iguana. It will do fine on turkey, and what ever else you give it.

If I had an Iguana and it accidentily was killed... yes I would allow it's dead body go to use, as food, before I threw it away...

As for the cat eating a Tegu... Since I acquired the Tegu as a pet, I would take the responsibility to protect it from the preditor, in this case a cat. If I failed to do my job, I would accept that responsibility myself instead of blaming the cat...

You think it's silly that I/we "support that"... but I think it's senseless that you think it's perfectly acceptible to feed your Tegu one animal and not another... provided both are healthy choices...

agree is no different than feeding prekilled rodents . but wouldn't go out and buy 100 frozen baby iggys to feed my GUs unless they were cheaper than rodents. lol

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
beastmaster94 said:
i really dont think you should feed captive reptiles to each other

You really don't think so based on what?

One needs reasons in order to make such statements...

It's 100% appropriate to say "I wouldn't do it", but in order to say "you shouldn't do it" factual reasons are needed...

If a rock fell on the Iguana... then the owner needs to feel bad for allowing the animal to die due to his own mistake... and dispose of the body...

If he chooses to dispose of the body by allowing it to be used as food for another animal, then so be it...

If he buried the Iguana it wouldn't be any less dead... it would just be food for worms and grass instead of a Tegu...

BOOZER

5 Year Member
relax people!! are you gonna take it to the mat?? AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!!! :dead :rant :rant :rant :doh

simon021

5 Year Member
jarett_Harrison said:

Been there, done that. My first hatchling didnt survive 4 hours inside his enclosure. I came home from lunch that first day after picking him up at the post office and the cat was stuck inside the enclosure with half a lizard next to him. Believe me, it was not pretty. It sucked, and it was my fault. I didnt have the tegu talk totally cat proof. The thought never even dawned on me that the cat would see that little hatchling as food.

The thing is, that is TOTALLY different than this video. This guy ran over his iguana on accident in the driveway, so he fed it to the tegu. No harm in that. The only harm I see is the guy playing tug of war with the tegu. Not real great husbandry in my opinion. Other than that, I just dont see what everyone is worked up about. It's not like he stuck a live iguana in there just for shits and giggles! Relax!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029