• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu eats baby Iguana video.

Richard21

5 Year Member
I think the iguana is dead. I still think its weird. Are tegus even supposed to eat Iguanas?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbBO0jRr0E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbBO0jRr0E</a><!-- m -->

Richard21

5 Year Member
Yeah thats what I was thinking. I was just wondering if Iguanas could somehow be deadly to tegus if eaten.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
The only deadly thing could be parasites passed on to the tegu, possibly other sickness as well, bacterial, viral?

...Jefroka

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It was an interesting watch...

If the iguana died in a way that it wasn't "infected' with something it could pass on to the Tegu i see no harm in it...

I personally wouldn't play tug of war with my Tegu over food... and wouldn't steal food back from it once offered... But not because it's "Tegu abuse", simply because it would encourage behavior in my Tegu that I wish to discourage...

Jer723

5 Year Member
i think its a little weird, why not just feed normal stuff. i dont think they need THAT MUCH variety, lol

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
It was an interesting watch...

If the iguana died in a way that it wasn't "infected' with something it could pass on to the Tegu i see no harm in it...

I personally wouldn't play tug of war with my Tegu over food... and wouldn't steal food back from it once offered... But not because it's "Tegu abuse", simply because it would encourage behavior in my Tegu that I wish to discourage...

x2,...as long as it wasn't road kill, something he found outside or a sick pet that died. What difference does it make, why waste it or spend the time burying it.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Well, I thought it was a little sadistic myself. Like someone said, I'm sure in the wild they eat whatever they can get ahold of, but that was completely ridiculous! I thought it was a horrible video!!!!!!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Would we still like this video if it were something eating a tegu??? Probably not!!! We had a video up here a few months ago where a dog was killing and eating a tegu. Then we had 1 of a few guys killing a tegu w a broom, and we were all upset about it!!!! I guess cause it's an iguana, it's a good:/

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I disagree...

There is a massive difference between using an animalÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢s dead body as food as opposed to letting it go to waste... and beating an animal to death with a broom and then letting it's body go to waste...

I see absolutely no logical comparison between the two...

Beyond that, it's completely sentimental to say it's okay for an animal to kill & eat Species A, but it's not okay to kill & eat Species B... Just because you happen to like Species B better...

There are people who love mice who would argue it's better your nasty lizard starve and die than eat the cute little mouse...

Nature does not direct itself by the sentimental feelings of humans... it follows a path of practicality...

I completely oppose senseless killing or poor treatment of animalsÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ but I have absolutely no problem with the food chain taking place in front of meÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

laderday

5 Year Member
i def agree with toby_H, because when it comes to our tegus eating other kinds of live or pre-killed animals no one care. there are hundreds of vids up with tegus eating mice, rats, hamsters, chicks, anoles, frogs, insects, gater snakes im sure you guys get the point. im not saying its cool to kill animals for entertainment but like it was stated before and i quote

"I completely oppose senseless killing or poor treatment of animalsÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ but I have absolutely no problem with the food chain taking place in front of me"

so ppl stop getting so offensive when you see things

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
ok. so would you feed you tegu an iguana? i dont think so. iuana. So say you have a cat. Just got a brand new extream giant. cat eats the tegu. Your ok with that just because of the fact that its nature? If I had a cat that did that it would find a new home. I think its horrible that you guys support that. The tegu is captive. not wild. it doesnt need to eat an iguana. It will do fine on turkey, and what ever else you give it.

AB^

5 Year Member
Personally, I have no problem with the video (as I commented on it under the name Ameivaboy)
It reminds me of when I had tons of baby garter snakes and had a few that just werent doing well and I couldnt (morally) sell to someone so I fed them one of my tegus instead of letting them suffer or tossing them in the freezer. Quick death and good variety for a Tegu.

Caution If you don't want to see a baby snake get eaten dont watch this video!!
If you do, click on it!

AB^

5 Year Member
goonzo420 said:
Wow ur an idiot change ur title I was Hoping to see a tegu tear up an iguana :evil:

Insults arent appreciated on Tegu Talk, and before you start calling calling people "idiots" you should probably read the entire thread (both pages) If you had you would have seen in the very first post was a link to the youtube video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029