• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tank jumped off the couch. hes dead.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Sorry for the loss, its scary to think this could happen anytime. My beardie jumped out my hand today and landed on his belly, i'm at 5' 11" so it was a fall.

Dirtydmc

Yeah. I want my tank back. Dozer and him got along good too. Didn't fight at all. Not once. Dozer is a good columbian. I only get to see him two days a week though. He hides all day. While I'm at work he comes out. Lisa gets to have time with him. Damnit. Damnit damnit.

spidersandmonsters

This is really horrible :/ it could've been some unidentified underlying condition.. or, from what you described, he could've fallen just the wrong way. Unlikely from the height, but stranger things have happened. Either way, losing a pet you're attached to always sucks. I had a CWD that I loved and put ungodly amounts of time and money into and he died as a result of a tornado.. really isn't a good experience.

Schnellzug

One of my greatest fears is something like this happening to one of my pets. I just can't even imagine being in your place right now. I'm terribly sorry for your loss...

Dirtydmc

We have hardwood floors. It was just his time. Dozer has jumped from my shoulder and the couched a few times. He's fine. But ill be much more vigilant about not letting that happen again. Lisa has allready started looking for another one. I called bobby this morning to see if he has anymore. I'll take any breed but a red or a columbian.

For only having him a couple weeks I got to see a small glimpse of how special argentines are. Tank was much more loving than Dozer. And more mellow.

bonedoc

So sorry for your loss. I doubt it was an underlying problem, bottomline just an accident. I had lizard jump from heights before, had our black and white jump from my hands when he was young with no injuries. Sounds like he just landed wrong, sad but true.

Sorry for your loss, we know exactly how you feel.

jmulley6

So sorry :( he probably landed on his neck just the right way . It happens, not your fault.
but I know how hard it is to get over :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980