• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tank jumped off the couch. hes dead.

jerobi2k

fell off the couch and died? wow sounds like he must of fell in a very awkward way. very sorry to hear this.

Dirtydmc

Really piss's me off. Dozer survived it a few times. From 6 feet. Poor little guy. We had just really started to bond.
new2tegus said:
How? How high is your couch?

Normal couch. Maybe two feet. Hella butthurt right now.

jtpowers

What? Unbelievable! I'm sorry for your loss...but how exactly did this happen, and if it just happened, hate to ask, but are you sure he's dead?

Your post earlier this month about housing him at a month old with a four month old Columbian made me think that if he survived that, he was a tough little guy.

Did he get stepped on? Caught by the cat or dog? Crushed during recapture? Or just jumped from a couple feet and poof??

Regardless, I'm really sorry to hear this...

Dirtydmc

Jumped. Hit. Didn't move. Picked him up, he pissed, started twitching. No breathing. Put him on the counter. Pooped. Twitched, then nothing for along time. Tongue hanging out. Very very very dead.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow sorry to hear that, perhaps maybe there was an underlying problem you just didn't see, I can't see a tegu falling 2' and dying

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:( sorry for your loss! it makes me nervous, gary has taken a few falls when he was getting out of his enclosure. scary to think that could have happened (hes larger though).

new2tegus

Im so sorry for your loss, that's horrible, well for the short time he was here he was loved and well taken care of, which is better than so many receive. :(

Dirtydmc

new2tegus said:
Im so sorry for your loss, that's horrible, well for the short time he was here he was loved and well taken care of, which is better than so many receive. :(

For sure! Am ready to get another one. I gave him attention everyday. Today he was happy getting his chin rubbed. Rip Tank. Poor lil guy. :(
[attachment=3105]

adam1120

im sorry thats my worst fear of rmy reptiels thats why i always line blankets when they are on anything like a couch or bed anything is possible i broke and shatter my celll phone screen from 4 inches away from the ground just imagine a live thing falling the wrong way it could happen again im sorry for you at least you learned a lesson the hard way tho://

Kebechet

These animals survive climbing and falling off of things in the wild all the time. It's likely that there was something wrong with him. Reptiles don't tend to show pain when injured or sick. It could be that there was an underlying condition that you couldn't have been aware of.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I am so, so sorry Dirty. It's never easy to say goodbye to the animals we love, especially when they're taken prematurely as yours was. My heart is broken and bleeding for your loss. Please try to feel better, my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980