• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Spartacus' thread

Piercedcub32

Awww, I remember when Logan was that small LOL its was a month ago, just measured him tonight, 18.5 inches! was 10 when I got him. Spartacus is very cute!!!

OOOps, I missed page two! hahah. Yeah they grow super fast! ;o)

turtlepunk

THE BEASTIE 4 MONTHS AFTER RECEIVING HIM omg I Just am AMAZED at how much he has grown!!

IMG_5996.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6048.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6042.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Honestly I don't know if there was a mix up or what but he doesn't look anything like an Extreme to me pattern or head wise. More like a B&W black head or black nose to be specific. For a minute there I thought you were trying to pass off a different tegu for Spartacus and something may have happened to the original one. That's how much it doesn't look like an Extreme to me.

turtlepunk

wow what!! he's definitely the same tegu. that worries me now! He does have a black nose and always has but compared to my red tegu, Spartacus does have a shorter nose! would Bobby do that to someone?

IM FREAKING OUT!! so.........the extreme i paid for...was never an extreme to begin with?? I've been looking over the differences between a B&W and an extreme
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=5840#axzz1eJttzwfa

and looks like I got fucked over

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't say you were screwed more in the sense that mistakes happen. He has been having some issues for quite some time over there now. Don't know if he works alone has a crew or what, I just don't see an Extreme. I would try and get in contact with him to verify and cross check records and receipts.

I've just never seen an Extreme with a black head let alone a black nose. They're predominantly white from their head to their ribs then the pattern breaks up. When they're young they have the brightest white I've seen other than High white B&W's that later fades to a cream color as they age. But they usually don't start to fade until after they're a year old.

I remember Bobby use to specifically breed Black Heads or Black Nose Tegus, what ever they were called. He had a separate section on his site but I don't see it up anymore and haven't for quite some time.

Reptastic and a few others had one of his Black Heads/Nose and they use to update this thread regularly. Spartacus looks like he fits right in.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=2692&page=14#axzz1eOFjmpfN

turtlepunk

well thanks Bubblz for pointing it out to me. I haven't contacted him yet. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see whats up. I'm disappointed that Spartacus isn't turning out to be an extreme but I'll never give him up. He has always had such an awesome personality compared to my shyer red. I don't think I'll be able to part with him.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Definately not an extreme, I think its possible he just got him mixed up, I'm 1000% certain if bought to his attention bobby will fix it

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Definately not an extreme, I think its possible he just got him mixed up, I'm 1000% certain if bought to his attention bobby will fix it

Agreed. He'll fix it, but it may be hard to get a hold of him, I tried calling him today to ask him a few questions, I'll call him every now and then to have a chat, but no answer. He'll come around, I'm sure.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
turtlepunk said:
well thanks Bubblz for pointing it out to me. I haven't contacted him yet. I'll give him a call tomorrow to see whats up. I'm disappointed that Spartacus isn't turning out to be an extreme but I'll never give him up. He has always had such an awesome personality compared to my shyer red. I don't think I'll be able to part with him.

Not a problem,.. I'm not a blissfully ignorant person, if it was me I would want someone to bring it too my attention. I'm just glad you didn't take it the wrong way and get defensive like some people can be. Mistakes happen and there's a first time for everything. What ever the case may be refund or what ever when you're able to get a hold of him I'm sure you'll be able to work things out.

turtlepunk

Bobby seemed like a nice guy. I don't want to attack him without contacting him. I thought the extremes were the first to hatch though, thats what's confusing me. I did notice that he had a section on his website for blacknoses for sale too when i first started researching tegus, before i put a deposit down which was waaaay back in the beginning of this year. Weird that it was taken down. hm =/

turtlepunk

Hello again everyone!! I haven't been on here in such a long time! just thought i'd post an update of Spartacus at almost 8 months old! =)
He definitely has a black nose but Im thinking he may still be an extreme. He has lots of cream coloration but I'm not sure if normal black and whites have the same coloration too. Not to mention he's gotten pretty big! what do you guys think?
These pictures are of him in a 4 foot tank because he BUSTED THE BULB in his original enclosure so I had to house him in here for A FEW days until I had time to get him another bulb.
He's definitely in need of an adult enclosure!!!! But he's going to have to wait a few more months until I have the time when school is over.
He still has handling issues and gives me A HELL OF A TIME when I have to catch him to put him back into his enclosure. But he will tolerate being petted =) anyways, here he is =)

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

He has a really cool white design on his nose that recently popped up!
IMG_3072.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's looking good, I have noticed another difference when distinguishing a normal from a giant, giants have a wider and more flat back than a normal b/w, its more squared off, judging by the shape of his back I say a normal b/w, have you talked to bobby yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980