• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Solar Glo VS PowerSun

CoreyBlackures

As soon as i put a Zoo-Med Power sun 100 watt over his basking spot in place of the 125 watt Exo Terra SolarGlo , he went from going to sleep at 1-3 pm every day , to staying up all day until the lights go out . He starting doing the very next day after i switched to solar energy . A+ for the ZooMed PowerSun . BUT it better be good ,it was almost twice the price .
It is good..Even I have been using it and really satisfied with the performance..

Last edited:

Aardbark

5 Year Member
To be honest with you i use to use powersun and i had a few blow out on me too a couple years back,but the warranty replaced two of them, but all in all they seemed to be great bulbs.But i always liked the mega ray and back in december i was going to order a mega ray and they were on back order,so then i was at petsmart and saw solar glo and picked one up and it seemed to be ok,but i'm going to stick with mega ray for now on.I just ordered a mega ray 160 watt lastnight should be here next week along with my solar meter that i will have monday.:D
Very old thread, but what was the UV test result of the Solar Glow and the PowerSun 160W bulbs?

I ask because Im actually using both bulbs (the store only had 1 each in stock) with the ZooMed dual light fixture. I was asking about basking temps, and someone replied that using two MVB bulbs was a bad idea and would overexpose my tegu to to much UVB. Is it really possible to over expose them?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam