• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Solar glo 160 watt Mercury vapor bulb uvb test.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I get what you are saying. The PowerSun costs double what the SolarGlo costs here in Vegas though. If I order the PowerSun online it is $5 more. Just been putting it off, maybe I can find them for a good price at the San Diego show later this month.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well i mean i think it might even help with your rhino's appetite,i wasn't trying to be rude just trying to help people cause we spend good money to keep our reptiles healthy,and for a person to spend good money and not getting the right results as far as uvb output goes isn't right,not everybody has a extra 180 bucks to buy a solar meter, i just had the money and said i'm buying a meter cause im wondering what these uvb bulbs i'm buying are doing there job and for my reptile i mean thats the most important thing.And they say replace bulb every six months crap if the bulb puts out low uvb mw when its new whats going to happen as it starts to decay?I have a 6month old solar glow and at 12'' its putting out 11mw and i mark the day on the box when i buy my bulbs so i know how old they are,so that bulb is putting out uvb but below 50m,they say 50-250 uW/cm2 mimics the natural environment enough to keep your UV-dependent BASKING reptiles healthy so some bulbs arent even prolly putting out 50mw after a couple of months.Thats why i got the solar meter.Sorry for the book i typed.:)
The funny thing is i took some test from my 10.0 which is month old at 19' i was getting 63mw more than solar glo lol.;)
teguboy77 said:
Well i mean i think it might even help with your rhino's appetite,i wasn't trying to be rude just trying to help people cause we spend good money to keep our reptiles healthy,and for a person to spend good money and not getting the right results as far as uvb output goes isn't right,not everybody has a extra 180 bucks to buy a solar meter, i just had the money and said i'm buying a meter cause im wondering what these uvb bulbs i'm buying are doing there job and for my reptile i mean thats the most important thing.And they say replace bulb every six months crap if the bulb puts out low uvb mw when its new whats going to happen as it starts to decay?I have a 6month old solar glow and at 12'' its putting out 11mw and i mark the day on the box when i buy my bulbs so i know how old they are,so that bulb is putting out uvb but below 50m,they say 50-250 uW/cm2 mimics the natural environment enough to keep your UV-dependent BASKING reptiles healthy so some bulbs arent even prolly putting out 50mw after a couple of months.Thats why i got the solar meter.Sorry for the book i typed.:)

The funny thing is i took some test from my 10.0 which is month old at 19' i was getting 63mw more than solar glo lol at 18'' just saying.:-/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980