• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Smaug

Diablo

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Smaug

BatGirl1 said:
Diablo said:
Its top soil and play sand a mixture ive seen many people use on here. There were no safe alternatives i could find and he seems to love digging in it. And I searched it on the forums and many people said they fed raw eggs all the time. It is the egg white that is bad if given to much because of the avidin in it. However feeding raw egg yolk is fine from what ive read. Youre just not supposed to feed eggs all the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Oh ok cool.and thanks for the raw egg info.so the yolk is better than the whole egg if you're going to do raw then.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Yeah basically I mean you can still heat it up like 1 minute in a pan and be safe if youd like but that kills some of the protein I thought. Also you can crush up the shell and put that in too for some extra calcium. Just leave the egg white out and your good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

meyfabi said:
Beautiful Tegu Diablo!!!

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

anelk002

5 Year Member
Congrats on the Tegu!!! I decided to get mine from johnny as well and wish I went to him first. Yea mine would walk back to its hide anytime I went near cage the second day. It then just poke its head out of its hide and stare at me as I did my classwork and stuff lol by the end of the day he finally came out to bask while I was sitting there but still kept alert. Mine was born 8-6 from johnny so just before urs.

KABIKANO

[size=x-large]VERY NICE TEGU YOU GOT THERE! I LIKE HOW HE LOOKS A LOT! AND I AGREE WITH YOU ON CHANGING HIS NAME. NOT THAT YOU ASKED BUT I WASN'T FEELING "SMAUG" ANYWAYS. SORRY DIABLO... ON ANOTHER NOTE, HIS HEAD LOOKS REALLY CREAM COLOR FOR A BLACK AND WHITE. VERY NICE!!![/size]

Diablo

5 Year Member
anelk002 said:
Congrats on the Tegu!!! I decided to get mine from johnny as well and wish I went to him first. Yea mine would walk back to its hide anytime I went near cage the second day. It then just poke its head out of its hide and stare at me as I did my classwork and stuff lol by the end of the day he finally came out to bask while I was sitting there but still kept alert. Mine was born 8-6 from johnny so just before urs.

Thanks! Haha and yeah I've been trying to get to pick him up but he just runs to a hide when I open the door now. I can sit by the cage and sort of be there and he won't go in a hide but if I open the door he bolts right to it. It sucks cause I don't like feeding him in the cage at all but I'm forced to. I use tongs so hopefully he isn't thinking my hands are food.

KABIKANO said:
[size=x-large]VERY NICE TEGU YOU GOT THERE! I LIKE HOW HE LOOKS A LOT! AND I AGREE WITH YOU ON CHANGING HIS NAME. NOT THAT YOU ASKED BUT I WASN'T FEELING "SMAUG" ANYWAYS. SORRY DIABLO... ON ANOTHER NOTE, HIS HEAD LOOKS REALLY CREAM COLOR FOR A BLACK AND WHITE. VERY NICE!!![/size]

Haha I tried saying it a couple times and it just didn't sound right. I'm thinking about going with Yoshi. Not sure if anyone on here named theirs that though, I just like the name and character a lot lol. And he just started shedding today so I'm gonna try and get another picture of him. His colors stand out better now.

anelk002

5 Year Member
Usually I just put the food in a bowl in the morning before work and come back its gone today though he was basking and I opened it up and held the bowl with superworms in it and he walked right up to me and ate them :)) I know its not recommended to let them see u feed them but I always use a bowl so it recognizes the bowl and not my hand lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMAG0255.jpg
    IMAG0255.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Diablo

5 Year Member
anelk002 said:
Usually I just put the food in a bowl in the morning before work and come back its gone today though he was basking and I opened it up and held the bowl with superworms in it and he walked right up to me and ate them :)) I know its not recommended to let them see u feed them but I always use a bowl so it recognizes the bowl and not my hand lol.

I haven't tried mealworms or dubias yet. He doesn't seem very interested in crickets but I need to change it up from turkey lol. I don't like the fact that I've fed him the same thing 3 days in a row.

Also does anyone know how to change the threads topic? I don't wanna make a new one since I changed his name haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan