• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sad day here

bsshig40

Thats great! I would just look her over and make sure she has no injuries. If nothing visible, maybe just let her rest for a couple days under the heat and uva lights. She may just have a loss of energy. I would also wait a day or two also to feed. She'll probably need to absord some vital vitamins. I'm familiar with other reptiles and maybe tegus are different, so I would wait also for someone with more experience to reply. Glad she's back though!

Mikeiam

Yea I got her , her grown up cage a day before she went missing I have her in her old one rn with the lights on and fresh water , I’m going to get her grown up cage all set up later today and give her a good soak cuz idk what she ate down there so I’m hopeing she’ll take a good poop and rest and prolly feed her tomorrow if she’s acting normal she super skittish like when I first got her tho

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome back adventurer!. Set her by her basking lamp and let her settle down and revover her sense of normalcy.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Holy cow!! I was just going to write to not give up hope!! That's awesome!! Seriously??!!?? Hopefully she will warm up and the kinks will be worked out. At least she's back!! Congrats

Mikeiam

Yea my gf went into our bathroom and there she was so I made everyone leave cuz she knows me best and I went in there slowly covered the vent hole and after that it was just a matter of grabbing her and puttin her back

Godzilla Earth

Man this reminds me of the time my snake escaped. My sister found him in 3 days so I’m gonna say we were both lucky based on time. How is he now?

Michelle Parkison

Don't give up either... there are stories of people finding and/or having their animals return.
My ball python Monty got lost outside and me and my whole family were very upset as she has been with us all of our lives (my mom got her when she was 20). She came back after two weeks and was just so happy to see us!

TripleTegus

My ball python Monty got lost outside and me and my whole family were very upset as she has been with us all of our lives (my mom got her when she was 20). She came back after two weeks and was just so happy to see us!
Wow that's a long time to just show back up like that. Congrats though at least it worked out for you in the end.

TripleTegus

Wow that's a long time to just show back up like that. Congrats though at least it worked out for you in the end.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I don't know a lot about snakes, but love them. I WILL own one! Just not sure what yet. I had a couple of Florida Corn snakes when my kids were little, and when one escaped - it showed up in my laundry basket 3 weeks later! I thought it was over, but it found a cushy spot next to the shower where it could get water.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced