• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sad day here

Mikeiam

Lost my tegu ! She squeezed her way into my air vents of the house and I can’t find her !! She’s been missing all night and it gets lower then 40 out side at night!! Super worried !

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Take the vents off so she can come back in... put some food out by the vent area - even make some noise in that area in case she's fallen asleep.

Sure she went out that way?? Did you look under every shirt, pant, towel etc that's on the floor? Under couches, inside recliners...ummmm...so sorry - wish I could help look. They don't go far once they get cold.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If safe, set a light for warmth in front of vent. Listen out for noise.

Mikeiam

I’ve been putting her food out when it’s her normal feeding time but nothing my girlfriend said she came out earlier today from the vent but ran back in once the door was open and after that all I could do is grab her tail and since it’s recently been injured I didn’t want to risk hurting it more

bsshig40

Well at least you know she's alive, close and ok. This may sound cruel but you might be able to get a small animal cage/trap and put her food inside it in front of the vent. You might ba able to catch her then.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Oh that freedom. I'm so glad she's alive, and was seen again at the vent. She's moving, not frozen - and don't forget that heat lamp that Walter1 mentioned. She will be drawn to it! Hope you catch her today.
Also - if you have a trap, it's not cruel. They love to explore all spaces. It's just another method. She won't be scarred for life.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Havahart will work.

Even a cardboard box with bottom opened can be raised wirh a thin stick facing inward. The stick would rest in very fragrant food, like plate of canned salmon. Attach a bell to the box so you'll hear it when it falls so you'll have time to catch him while he's pushing the bpi x around from the inside and before he's able to get his nose under the edge of the box to flip it. Just keep away from hot light.

TripleTegus

Hopefully everything works out for you and whenever means you feel are necessary to get her back safely will work even if you have to trap her.

Mikeiam

No luck she actually hasn’t came out in a day now today will mark two days we haven’t seen or heard her .-.

Mikeiam

Great news I got my lil one back she came out I think somthing is wrong with her tho she was walking funny maybe from all the tine she went with out light or uvb ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602