• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Russet Rhino Iguana

RobK.

mine eats just a little every morning and poops and that's it , I keep the door shut to his room and just peek in to check the temps and humidity . We are having very warm weather and expect rain to 8000 feet tomorrow( on top of a 140 % snow pack ) so flooding in the low areas . I live on a hill !! I need a thermostat as the weather is so erratic and i am having trouble keeping the temps just right . We had snow a few days ago and today it 70 out . Right now his cage is 61 % humidity , 85 deg on the floor , 120 under the basking lamp and he laying off to the side of the lamp .i am so nervous , i hope he starts eating better !!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It seems like UPS has a lot of problems this past week. I had an overnight package that was supposed to be delivered last Fri that was re-routed. There were some God-awful storm in FL for the past two days, snow in NE. I'm sure air travel was screwed up for a bit. I'm glad you got your little guy safe and sound. I adore igs although all I have is a green ig.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Upload to photobucket and then copy/paste the link in your reply.

hangtown530

I was wondering if it had to be photobucket...thanks
here are a couple of pics

Russet Rhino Iguana

MYIGUANA004.jpg

MYIGUANA003.jpg

MYIGUANA001.jpg

Not the greatest pics but I'll take some more soon...

hangtown530

The pics make him look a lot darker than he is...maybe some time soon I'll try to get a better pic of his coloring

I think he's seeing his reflection in the glass of the tank...how can I remedy that? Anyone have some experience with that?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How long is he? I am interested in how he compares in size to mine as I believe mine was born around October as well.

hangtown530

I would say that he can't be any bigger than 12 inches total...but I will have to check some time soon. How big is yours? I'm not sure I've even seen pictures yet.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah I got him from Ben, and Ben got him from Robert Ehrig. I was going to order direct from Robert, but it would have cost me $40 more and he doesn't use paypal.

hangtown530

Yeah I couldn't believe the difference in cost of shipping from different people. The $70 I gave for shipping still wasn't enough. Mine is sleeping now so tomorrow I will work with him a little by just sitting in front of the tank. From my understanding it helps with the taming process. How is yours doing in that aspect?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He isn't taming down at all. I'm not too worried about it. From what I have heard they normally don't tame down till about two years old.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats on your new ig, has he started eat for you regularly Mines took only a few days to start clearing his food bowl, from what i was told by tom crutchfield, if they are given a great diet and the temps and husbandy are optimal they will grow prety fast like miness did. Try covering all 4 sides of his enclosure for a few days this can reduce some of the stress from him being in a new home, also to entice him to eat more you can place some live worms in his greens also try adding sum brightly colored veggies like peppers to the dish. As far as the head bobbing, this is his way of telling you to stay away this is his territory, its quite funny to see. Hope everything works out for you, good luck!

hangtown530

Thanks for the info...I knew about the head bobbing and yeah it's very funny to watch. I didn't even consider covering the sides of the tank up for now. Worms huh??? I did add red bell pepper to his meal...maybe I'll try the yellow tomorrow. I saw him take like 3 bites of his food and that was pretty much it. The other thing I thought was funny about him was the fact that the tank has a hide but he won't stay in it. He walked in there to check it out but that was it. Even now while he is sleeping he's not in there.
james.w said:
He isn't taming down at all. I'm not too worried about it. From what I have heard they normally don't tame down till about two years old.

what have you been trying with yours?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980