• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Russet Rhino Iguana

hangtown530

My russet rhino iguana will be here tomorrow around 1-2 pm PST and I can't wait. Robert Ehrig shipped him today, he was born in October so almost 6 months. Rob says he is a spectacular color and sure to get better and better. Can you believe it was $100 shipping? Crazy!! I will get some pics for you all to look at as soon as I can.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Congrats, but sorry to say you got ripped off on the shipping. Unless he is a big rhino, shipping should be no more that $50 or so.

hangtown530

I only paid $70 for the shipping...it ended up costing Rob $100.

I would say it couldn't be any bigger than about 12 inches...

I am pretty much the other side of the US from Rob...and he went UPS.

fed ex might have been cheaper???

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I don't think you got ripped off shipping it up,and it depends on were your shipping from,rob is a very honest a great breeder good luck with your rhino.

hangtown530

teguboy77 said:
I don't think you got ripped off shipping it up,and it depends on were your shipping from,rob is a very honest a great breeder good luck with your rhino.

I believe he is and I'm more than happy with his service thus far.

Don't you also have a rhino from him? If so I would love to see it...

plus i'm pretty sure I used your post for his number a while back :)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Did have one,we moved and had to down size but he was a beast,i will get another in the summer though,post pictures when you get him good luck.:)

RobK.

Be sure to post us a photo so we can see just how cute , wild and crazy he/she is !! LOL I was going to buy a Rhino from a well known S.Calf breeder , but he wanted 90.00 shipping . OUCH so i passed om his .
teguboy77 said:
Hers's a picture of my rhino i had ate like a horse lol.

Rhino's sure can be crazy and some times the only time they calm down enough to let ya hold then is during a bath . They say the 2 year mark is when they really calm down . :D

hangtown530

Can you believe how crappy ups is??? They say it won't be here until tomorrow do to the weather or some crap like that. He is going to be freaked out by the time he gets here... :(

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hangtown530 said:
Can you believe how crappy ups is??? They say it won't be here until tomorrow do to the weather or some crap like that. He is going to be freaked out by the time he gets here... :(

So where is he being held at? I would make sure you let Robert know if UPS is holding him.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Some rhino's are more crazy that others,the one in the picture was not crazy at all i guess thats from my exsperience,i've had three and my first was crazy the two from rob were not as bad.I would of called ups and let rob know for sure being you payed a good money for shipping thats for sure.:)

RobK.

My first Rhino came from Underground reptile and they shipped it in a small container with heat packs and it was delayed because of a snow storm by 2 hours . It was still cold when it came but active . My second one i got a few days ago had NO heat packs and was really really cold and i though it was dead when i opened the box . I asked Tom Crutchfield if he was going to ship my it Rhino with heat packs , and his response was ''we ship all year'' . He did not answer my ? So he
he shipped it to N.Utah in the dead of winter during a snow storm , with no heat packs . I was not impressed and i paid 290 for it including shipping . I would not have bought it form him if i had known he shipped them without heat packs , not to N.Utah this time of year .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is terrible that Tom would ship without heat packs. I ordered mine from ben siegel and couldn't have been happier. It was one of Robert ehrigs and I only paid $240 shipped to las Vegas.

hangtown530

It's hit Sacramento now and I have to wait until tomorrow at noon to get him. It sucks and I'm pretty worried. Rob said it will be fine but he was a little upset at the fact it happened at all...with that kind of shipping cost.

I will let you all know what happens tomorrow.
frost said:
grats on the rhino.i been looking into getting one where did u get yours?

I ordered my rhino directly from Robert Ehrig

hangtown530

Well he is here and I'm super excited about it. I will get some pics as soon as he calms down a bit. He's been going crazy since I put him in the tank. I want him to eat but he is still to scared to due so. Hopefully he will be ready to soon. I put a mix of collard, mustard, red bell pepper, bok choy, mango, acorn squash and yellow squash in there for him with some repti cal with no D3. I'm afraid that it will have to go to waste this time but I have a variety of food for the little guy so I will just keep trying :)

Is it weird for him to be running around like crazy? He keeps trying to climb the side of the glass and is already head bobbing if you look at him lol...

montana

I`m glad he made it !!!

I would take the food out if he isn`t going to eat it and try later ..

Also try to give him some space and quiet ..

You and him are doing just what everyone does ...

Its going to be cool!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced