• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

RIP my friends

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i regret to inform everyone my tegu achilles has passed away! im very hurt over this, my only guess as to what happened was he literally cooked in his enclosure. i forgot to set the timer to turn the lights out during the day before i went to work because it was really hot here yesterday. i went to check on everyone this morning and his whole body was very bloated and his tongue was swollen hanging out his mout a very painful sight,i also lost my 3 mo. leopard gecko, this is very painful im just mad at myself because its my fault, this could have been prevented! the rest of the animals are all doing fine although nero gave me a scare because before i discovered achilles, she was just laying out in the open not moving i made sounds and nothing but when i touched her she moved so that was a relief!

IMAGE_565-1.jpg

IMAGE_526-1.jpg

kaa

5 Year Member
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Accidents happen though, don't beat yourself up too bad.

Orion

5 Year Member
I am so sorry for your loss. I had the same thing happen to my Retic a few years back. I had her for over 15 years. I beat myself up over it for a long time. I was just a mistake. Learn from it and move on. I can see you take great care of you animals. I always look forward to seeing the pictures of your critters when you post, everything seems extremely healthy.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That suxs big time, I am really sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts are with you, that had to be hard to find. :(

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thanks guys, i was planning on getting 2 more b/w's and i think i still will get them! although the lost hurts im glad there wasnt more fatalitys, i cant imagine what the temps had risen too, and i have definately learned a lesson here!

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
I'm sorry for your loss :( ..... It might be a good idea to look into some thermostats to prevent this from happening again...

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Wow. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I'm very sorry for what happend. May they R.I.P and may God give you comfort to your mind and healing to your heart.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
thank you everyone i do feel better, im very angry at another forum, i explsined what happened and i was told stuff like "its all your fault" your an idiot" and "what a stupid thing to do" geesh those people really know how to kick a guy when he's down. i told them i know its my fault and i was offended, they responded "oh its only constructive criticism, you need to calm down" yeah right! they made me so mad!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is no time or place for that kind of "construtive criticsum". You admitted what went wrong and it was an accident. I'm truely sorry for your loss. The amount of time and work you put into all your animals is very evident in your post, and they way you keep us updated really makes your tegus part of this fourm. At lest both animals had a good life while in your care and not neglected. Good Luck with any future tegus.

Have to agree with crimsonrazac a thermostate might be a good investment for future cages.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awwww....I'm so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine how you must feel. I lost a tegu during hibernation this past winter. I just cried and cried, wondering what I did wrong. In fact, I can still get choked up thinking about it. Man, I really had a soft spot for that goofy lizard.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i would rather not say the name, but unless you own a uromastyx chances are very slim you'll ever wound up on there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980