• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

rhino update w/pics

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Re: rhino has arrived w/pics

i have chosen a name for him its khaos, i chose this name because every since he has arrived its been nothing but chaotic lol i lost three pets and then the incident with nero plus the red tegu situation. i am just in total dismay at the moment trying to put everything together and process it!

ashesc212

5 Year Member

reptastic said:
well manny my green iguana has found out that the rhino iguana(i really need a name) is in the room and he is not happt about it. i took the lil guy out for some socializing and he jumped down on the floor so i allowed him to roam( i put nero in another room) he basked in nero spot for a while walked around a bit. but when manny saw him he went balistic. he started head bobbing and when the little guy stretched out under neros heat lamp (even though he seen manny up on his perch) he went crazy and rushed down off his perch. he couldnt get to the lil guy but he sure tried. he wouldnt calm down i tried to mist him and he attacked the water lol. i heard before that the two species dont get along but didnt know how true it was. im guessing he might be a male and it may have been a territorial thing. however he see nero every day and he does nothing but look no bobbing or anything he can see my other pets and the same this is a first!

Manny might be a bit intimidated by Nero. I know that my new iggy bolts if he sees Lucky.

reptastic said:
i have chosen a name for him its khaos, i chose this name because every since he has arrived its been nothing but chaotic lol i lost three pets and then the incident with nero plus the red tegu situation. i am just in total dismay at the moment trying to put everything together and process it!

I like the name but I might have missed something. What happened to the 3 pets and what is the Nero incident? Sorry that I missed all of the this.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

(well i never posted about the three pets i lost, they ere my bp, crestie, and my leopard gecko! the first two escaped and were found dead! and the leo's tank somehow fell over and nero got her. and the incident that happened with nero was he lost about 11" of his tail. but he is doing well and is up eatingbut not really up for being petted! i found out my roomate opened the door to my reptile room why i have no idea( i usually leave it unlocked when im home because im in ther frequently) and when nero saw the door open he rushed it my roomate freaked out and instead of calling me to get him back in the room he grabbed nero's tail and nero freaked and dropped it( nero does not like people except for me so it spooked him) so now im hoping it grows back!

rmzsuzuki89

reptastic said:
(well i never posted about the three pets i lost, they ere my bp, crestie, and my leopard gecko! the first two escaped and were found dead! and the leo's tank somehow fell over and nero got her. and the incident that happened with nero was he lost about 11" of his tail. but he is doing well and is up eatingbut not really up for being petted! i found out my roomate opened the door to my reptile room why i have no idea( i usually leave it unlocked when im home because im in ther frequently) and when nero saw the door open he rushed it my roomate freaked out and instead of calling me to get him back in the room he grabbed nero's tail and nero freaked and dropped it( nero does not like people except for me so it spooked him) so now im hoping it grows back!

I'm glad you finally got the truth of what happened. And sorry to hear about the others :(.....How did you get your roommate to confess?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

actually he told another roomate of ours im still waiting for him to tell me what happened!

ashesc212

5 Year Member

First of all, I am sorry for all of those losses.

Second, oh my gosh, you are a better person than me. I don't know what I would do if I had a roomie and he/she did that!!!

rmzsuzuki89

ashesc212 said:
First of all, I am sorry for all of those losses.

Second, oh my gosh, you are a better person than me. I don't know what I would do if I had a roomie and he/she did that!!!

I'll second that. It would be by-by roommate.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I am moving by myself in abour a month and believe me i really had to restrain myself i almost lost it.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey guys just a bit of an update this lil guy is doing great has gained a lil girth and grew 1" now making him 15" and he has a new enclosure a 55 gal. here go some pics enjoy:

p22.jpg

x7.jpg

x6.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam