• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Re: Breaking News!!

Neil_E_C_P

5 Year Member
Hi People.
In another day of work I manage to caught another one.
Here are some Pics.
[attachment=1]
The Ruler is 0.6 m long.
[attachment=0]
My grandmother when she saw him said: "A ese Ponele Kaiser" ( Trans: "To that one Name him Kaiser ).
Lives in a Separated Pen from Basil. Until I realize if Basil is a She or a He.
I think they are from the same Couple but different Hatch.
My question are:
* How can I now for sure if they come from the same family?
* Is it safe put Basil and Kaiser in the Same Pen?
* There is any chances to tame him so I can handle him gloveless?
* Is Bigger enough for live prays ?
For your help and Time Thank You.

Attachments

• Mejor foto de Kaiser.JPG
    514 bytes · Views: 3
  • Otra foto de lo largo que es.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 4

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Neil_E_C_P said:
My question are:
* There is any chances to tame him so I can handle him gloveless?
* Is Bigger enough for live prays ?
For your help and Time Thank You.

*If you work with him often enough I would say yes.

*What kind of live pray?

Those are great tegus, have any more pictures? :-D

How is basil doing?

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
wow you really are very lucky to have found another giant, atleast thats what it appears to be, bobby will be excited to see this :D

Tux

5 Year Member
Their's no way to tell if they are from the same parents

At that age being in the same pen should be fine but if you have a seperate pen I would continue to keep them separate. The issues arise once they become sexually mature.

Yes if you do things like put the baby in a rubbermaid tub and keep your hand in there while watching a movie etc. so it can explore you and see you as no threat than eventually it will calm down.

Babies eat live prey items in the form of insects right after hatching, what live items did you have in mind?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I am curious to know if it has the V pattern under the chin. Could you take a picture for us? The pattern looks like this.

DSCN1729-1.jpg

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
his other one that he cought didnt have the v i dont think, that was the discussion on the other one as to if it was an extreme and bobby said 110% it was an extreme. This one appears to look almost identical to the other one he caught so im assuming it is an extreme as well.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omgtaylorg said:
his other one that he cought didnt have the v i dont think, that was the discussion on the other one as to if it was an extreme and bobby said 110% it was an extreme. This one appears to look almost identical to the other one he caught so im assuming it is an extreme as well.

Ahh thanks for pointing that out as I didn't see the other thread. Very interesting. It sure does look Chocoanish. LOL

hoosier

5 Year Member
he is from the gran choco region so it is a real possibility that this one too is a chacoan or "extreme". (i still prefer to call them chacoans.)

Markie

5 Year Member
How lucky you are to be able to see those tegus right outside of your work place! And them being extremes makes it even more awesome.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well guys, the more I see these pictures, the more it confirms what I knew all along. ;)

Neil, you got treasures down there, man I wish I really could get some more of them, it would be just 110% pure awesome. :)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
haha why dont you just fly down there and catch some and have them sent back somehow...increase the extreme population in the states

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980