• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Platnum het for albino blues

Penny&Dollar

Hi tegu talk

I just bought two Platnum het for albino blues from underground reptiles they hatched out yesterday. I drove picked them up and drove back home offered crickets and they didn't eat, today makes it day two I tried feeding and they still won't eat. Is there a reason why? I bought my blk/wht when they hatched and they eat with no problem, the temps are 110 and 70% whats going on should I worry or give them another day?

tegus4life

Hi tegu talk

I just bought two Platnum het for albino blues from underground reptiles they hatched out yesterday. I drove picked them up and drove back home offered crickets and they didn't eat, today makes it day two I tried feeding and they still won't eat. Is there a reason why? I bought my blk/wht when they hatched and they eat with no problem, the temps are 110 and 70% whats going on should I worry or give them another day?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's a new environment and they're probably stressed. Give them anther day or so and keep offering food. Have you tried offering anything but crickets? Maybe try mealworms/superworms/roaches or even some ground turkey. Just keep a close eye on them. Keep us updated and good luck :)

jtrux

5 Year Member
The fact that they hatched out yesterday is your answer. Give them a week to settle in and then offer them food. I have no idea why they would sell animals sooo soon but that's what they do. For $500 a pop you would think they would want to make sure it's eating first to avoid any complications further down the line.

Penny&Dollar

Pics you asked for Jtrux and I did I spoke with some dude named tim and he said well if you dont want them I have others that do. First we have gave the 200.00 dollar deposit they asked for witch was non refundable. when I got their I asked him if they ate and he said no they just hatched so I was ready to drive back home without them but my wife wasn't,so we gave them the 800+ 50 extra for tax.

Attachments

• 20130725_145149.jpg
    20130725_145149.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
  • 20130725_090146.jpg
    20130725_090146.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111

jtrux

5 Year Member
I'm sure they will be ok once they get adjusted. If they went full term and absorbed the entire yolk, its possible they might just not be hungry. I called them and apparently they sold out already until more hatch.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm sorry, but I just don't care for the way UG does business. Instead of offering to help, he tells you if you don't want them, other people do? That's pretty arrogant. Platinum blue is a name they made up this year for their high contrast blues.

Penny&Dollar

Jtrux yes 50% het for albino I was chatting with a local breeder and he told me its not guarantee that if they breed im gonna produce an albino ( now that sucks now I feel like I over paid)

@ laura once I get my last female I won't do anymore business with UG. Also talk to a dude from Deerfield and he told me I have to be careful cause last year they had all regular blues and this year everything is het for something. But I guess its all my wife fault for jumping to buy (have to blame someone) the more I chat with people the more I feel I over payed, but I guess only time will tell. A lot of breeders tell me they do sell or ship till they eat their first meal I got these two without eating hope they eat something soon.

jtrux

5 Year Member
They cover their a$$ by saying they are possible hets. This way if they do not produce albinos, all they have to say is that they were not guaranteed.

I'm not a genetics wizard by any means but this is what I know. In order for them to call them 100% hets they would have to breed an albino to a regular OR and albino to a 100% het.

In the event that they crossed an albino to a regular, ALL the offspring would be 100% het, no albinos would be produced, all babies would look normal but carry the genes.

If they cross an albino and a 100% het, then theoretically half of the offspring would be albinos and half would be 100% hets.

If they cross a het and a non het then you will end up with the scenario that you have. ALL babies will look normal BUT theoretically 50% of them carry the genes. Whose to say that their guaranteed het was indeed a het at all.

There are other scenerios out there but I was trying to give you an idea of how they got the 50% het part.

I'll tell you this...if I was in the business of producing high end animals and I was throwing any kind of percentage out there in terms of their possible reproductive capabilities, I would be able to show documentation of it. For instance, I would be able to show (pics and a sort of pedigree) where my guaranteed het had indeed been the producer of albinos in the past. Without any of that info, you have ZERO guarantees. You wouldn't have to ask for this either, I would freely provide that info to anyone interested as to make any would be purchaser more comfortable doing business with me.

Penny&Dollar

@jtrux wow that hole genetic thing got me lost lololol..... it is what it is,they got me its very clear i over spent don't know if its true. i spoke to some dude name al and he said that if their both 50/50 i have a good chance. i also have this blk/wht tegu but i really think its a blue i've never seen a tegu like this,if you look at his eyes you can see the eye drops like the blues i bought this tegu from Al Manzitto up north great guy. he sold it to me as a female but turns out he's a he, i feel his beads and when he poops his hemipenis ( i think cause my red male poops the same way and my female poops nothing comes out) come out. he is beautiful i took him to my local pet store and he said it looks like a blue but im not really sure i no that since i got him he never like to be handled i've tried for like five months straight he bite me and broke my hand. so know the only thing he lets me do is pet him and take him out to feed and put back in if i hold him for longer the five to ten minutes he freaks out, starts to bite and the famous DEATH ROLL. when he is free roaming he lets you pet him if you sit on the floor he climbs on you and off you. so we've come to an understanding and i just let him be. my female super tame and love to walk on leash i hold her my step son sleeps with her and she never ever tried to bite me tail whip me nothing she is six years old. HER THE PIC MAYBE YOU OR SOMEONE ON HER CAN HELP.

Penny&Dollar

Picture of the tegu don't know if it's a blue or regular blk/wht . Never seen anything like it when he sheeds his white is very bright not like my female he is brighter even his black pops out.

Attachments

• 2013-07-22 15.07.09.jpg
    2013-07-22 15.07.09.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • 20130710_142742.jpg
    20130710_142742.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • 20130711_165724.jpg
    20130711_165724.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • 20130710_142742.jpg
    20130710_142742.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73

jtrux

5 Year Member
I wouldn't be so quick to jump and say that you got taken BUT this would be a good opportunity to ask them why they are 50% het and just see what they say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980