• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Orangey markings on Black and White !?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is variety within the species. Just as some people have blue eyes, green, brown, etc. Some b/w tegus have orange bellies, some have dark noses, some have more white.

tangotegu

A hybrid has a more gold appearance..pony boy my hybrid is gold but when the light hits him just right you can see pinkish red..he's beautiful.

Deac77

5 Year Member
tangotegu said:
A hybrid has a more gold appearance..pony boy my hybrid is gold but when the light hits him just right you can see pinkish red..he's beautiful.

That's not always true my hybrid had no gold and lots of orange

[attachment=6553]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361822769.640723.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361822769.640723.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 17

Teg

Deac77 said:
tangotegu said:

Love the lead ! I'll have to get one for Teg this summer ... Is it a struggle to put on, does he enjoy it ?

Deac77

5 Year Member
Teg said:
Deac77 said:
tangotegu said:

Love the lead ! I'll have to get one for Teg this summer ... Is it a struggle to put on, does he enjoy it ?

He loves it. He's learned that he will get to go outside with it so he will just sit there lol

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Godzilla is a extreme x b/w amd has orange it varies from all tegus

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361886404702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361886404702.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 15

Teg

Deac77 said:
Teg said:
Deac77 said:
tangotegu said:

He loves it. He's learned that he will get to go outside with it so he will just sit there lol

I can't see it being that easy with Teg !! We'll give it a go, how old is yours ?

Deac77

5 Year Member
Teg said:
Deac77 said:
Teg said:
Deac77 said:
tangotegu said:

I can't see it being that easy with Teg !! We'll give it a go, how old is yours ?

He will be 9 months on the 14th

HeatherN

the orange is not indicative of a hybrid. as mentioned, lots of B/W's have orange bellies that intensify & fluctuate over time. It seems to correlate with age and/or depth of shed. Some suggest it's more intense in females, but i have yet to see much evidence to support it. Tarot, my extreme B/W, had orange show up on his belly during a really bad shed (took almost a month) and has had some ever since. The orange color seems to deepen and spread as he approaches the point of having the shed split and slough off him.

i personally dont care for the orange myself. this is probably because it showed up during that horrendous shed (that some Shed-aid fixed right up after about a week of application). For Tarot at least, it could indicate past issues or even current ones! That's just my tegu though, i have noticed others with orange don't necessarily have issues that i am made aware of. And nowadays Tarot sheds like a dream, but that orange still shows up. not half as intense or widespread though.

Teg

HeatherN said:
the orange is not indicative of a hybrid. as mentioned, lots of B/W's have orange bellies that intensify & fluctuate over time. It seems to correlate with age and/or depth of shed. Some suggest it's more intense in females, but i have yet to see much evidence to support it. Tarot, my extreme B/W, had orange show up on his belly during a really bad shed (took almost a month) and has had some ever since. The orange color seems to deepen and spread as he approaches the point of having the shed split and slough off him.

i personally dont care for the orange myself. this is probably because it showed up during that horrendous shed (that some Shed-aid fixed right up after about a week of application). For Tarot at least, it could indicate past issues or even current ones! That's just my tegu though, i have noticed others with orange don't necessarily have issues that i am made aware of. And nowadays Tarot sheds like a dream, but that orange still shows up. not half as intense or widespread though.
Very interesting ... Thank's all of you !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980