• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Noob Question

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I like 8*4*4 for adults with at least an 18" substrate dam. If you can get a PVC or ABS enclosure built to those specs it will work fine as long as the material is thick enough to support the substrate.

Tragu

I'm about to pick one! Please tell me what to get!
6x3x3 $400 in melamine
7x3x3 $450 in melamine
8x3x3 $500 in melamine

Below is what you need. It's a stronger cage and holds humidity better. The above cages( melamine) might not last with your reptile. This is why the semi elite is recommended.
6x3x3 $550 in semi elite
7x3x3 $600 in semi elite
8x3x3 $650 in semi elite

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

undefined

undefined

testing

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If those are your choices, then go 8x3x3. Melamine is quite heavy, I had a BoaMaster made of melamine and had to seal it all up. Worked well but weighed a whole lot.

Tragu

TeguBuzz said:
If those are your choices, then go 8x3x3. Melamine is quite heavy, I had a BoaMaster made of melamine and had to seal it all up. Worked well but weighed a whole lot.

Really? So do you know what the semi elite is?

TeguBuzz said:

Did you get rid if your boamasters?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would also say 8x3x3 as well. Ask them what the semi-elite is made of and why it is better.

Tragu

james.w said:
I would also say 8x3x3 as well. Ask them what the semi-elite is made of and why it is better.

Bout to ask now!

Can't I seal melamine with something? What is the main problem with it?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can seal the edges/seams of the melamine enclosures with silicone. Problem is, if it isn't sealed completely or the animal gets to it and scratches some of the silicone out, moisture will get into the wood and destroy it very quickly.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not sure what the semi-elites are made of. I had my enclosure from BoaMaster and donated it to an exotic reptile store when my blue passed away. I sealed it all up and worked fine for the time I had it. It's still in great condition and is housing a burmese python (their store pet) now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980