• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new rhino iguana

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mine wont touch the rep-cal pellets and i bought a 3.75 lbs worth if somebody lived closer to me that had a rhino iguana i'd give it to them lol.On the other hand mine loves the mazuri too.

herpgirl2510

My guy loves blueberries. I picked up 4 different types of greens yesterday see how he like them.

I hav to say rhino poop is so much better than my tegu he poops like 3x a day and it is brutal.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I only give mine fruit as a treat,i would back off the blueberries and let him just eat greens and see what happens.

Maro1

After lots of fruit he may take a day to eat his greens. They know what they like just like kids wound up on sugar:)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I agree,thats why i said maybe lay off the fruit and give just greens this way he only has greens to eat and use the fruit here and there.

Maro1

Myself I like to hold back the fruits until someone is over to see him. He is then more than happy to eat from my hands.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i dont give a real lot of fruit to my rhino,usually staple greens and Mazuri but that to i sometimes alternate so he will eat his greens and not just mazuri.

RobK.

Maro1 said:
After lots of fruit he may take a day to eat his greens. They know what they like just like kids wound up on sugar:)

got that right , i gave mine some fruit yesterday and he did not touch his greens today . But I put my hand in palm up , like i feed him treats and fruit and he ran right over to my hand . spoiled punk !!

i give mine peas , green beans , bell pepper ,acorn squash , watercres , figs , Repcal iguana food , Mazuri , hibiscus leaves and flowers , moringa tree leaves , catus leaves, a lot of greens , but like teguboy77 mine does not like vegies . going to back of fon friut and repcal as he's getting picky and spoiled and only eating the sweat stuff the last few days , i guess he going to get hungry for a few days until he drops his sweat tooth .

herpgirl2510

I too noticed now my guy eats theblueberris and other frut and leaves his greens. I am only going to offer him greens for a few days.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i never really gave my rhino alot of fruit anyway,cause when i use to keep green iguanas some years back they to seem to like the sweet stuff like fruit so i only offer that as a treat now to my rhino.I noticed to mine will sometimes only really eat more of the mazuri then his greens so i statred alternating them so he dont get use to eating more of the mazuri.Another thing my rhino doesnt like the repcal pellets so i dont give that to him anymore.Even when i offer mine fruit like grapes hes not that crazy over it,now the mazuri he loves lol he watches me make his food dish he wait's for it lol.

RobK.

He pigged out on all his greens and vegies this morning, so i guess he was not as hooked on sweats as i though . I will give him some mazuri mid afternon when i am sure he's full fo greens .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thats what i do to sometimes lol,he'll look like hes going to pop and still eat more lol,these guys just want to eat lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam