• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new rhino iguana

herpgirl2510

photobucket014.jpg

photobucket025.jpg

photobucket007.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is good looking. How big is he and what size enclosure are you keeping him in?

herpgirl2510

I bought it off of someone on fauna I paid $300 includng shipping. He is 2 feet long.
photobucket009.jpg

His enclosure in 5x2.5x5. I have to build a different one the one he is in was for a green iguana. Although he does like theclimb the trees in the enclosure.
photobucket057.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have found they seem to like to climb, at least when they are younger/smaller.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Just wondering you said he had cream color under him on his stomach,it looks kinda orange to me just saying.Very nice rhino again.:)

herpgirl2510

I know it does get more orange at different times of the day as he gets warm through the day he gets a cream color mixed in. I t is funny the insides of his legs remind me of leopard spots. My camera usually captures colors better even my tattoos look washed out in those pics must be the halogen bulb.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I could be wrong but i think that might be a russets rhino cause even his face has a rust look to it, and i can see the orange color on his belly which looks like mine orange in color.Not 100% sure but it looks alot like mine in color.:)

herpgirl2510

He has the color on the back of his legs also sometimes on his back. The guy was not sure he did not remember. He know loves to run onto my lap from the enclosure he will let me pet him but not pick him up. If I pet tom much or get to close for his comfort he runs down my legs back into the enclosure. I spend hours just reading with my feet in the enclosure.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I wish the owner before you knew cause from your pictures it sure does look like a rust orange on his bell and face alittle.But all in all its a awsome looking rhino.Thats funny he runs on your lap thats cool,mine is funny to when i get done cleaning his cage or feeding him he will sit rite in front of me and just watch me lol like what are you looking at lol.There really awsome lizards.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I tell you one thing rhinos can eat like crazy lol,mine ate his greens and i fill his dish,then i cleaned his cage and put some mazuri tortoise chow in his dish and he ate almost the whole dish lol,he looked like he was going to pop.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I guess not there is others,i bought some and i soak it in water and put it on top the greens and mine loves it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980