• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Red just arrived. (PICTURE HEAVY)

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Ok so as many of you know I ordered a new tegu from Bobby a while ago and I just got her, but he just shipped her yesterday since he only ships mondays and tuesdays so she came fast! Let me just say one thing WOW. She is beautiful and she loves the camera. I dont have a name for her yet but I have a list of my favorites to choose from. Thank you SO MUCH Bobby she's gorgeous. Enough talk heres the pics and video.

Here's The video the lighting is bad sorry about that and the quality will improve I just uploaded the video
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-G3Wlp8gdo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-G3Wlp8gdo</a><!-- m -->

A bath because she's dehydrated from hibernating.
SANY0045.jpg

SANY0041.jpg

SANY0040.jpg

SANY0038.jpg

SANY0037.jpg

SANY0036.jpg

SANY0035.jpg

SANY0034-1.jpg

SANY0032-1.jpg

SANY0030-1.jpg

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Zero just woke up and notices her and yawned and that's when I noticed Zero could swallow her whole if he wanted to. Then he just sat there starring at her like wtf is this? Another one jeez I just need to be more of a handful so he doesn't get anymore.

rmzsuzuki89

TanMan57 said:
Zero just woke up and notices her and yawned and that's when I noticed Zero could swallow her whole if he wanted to. Then he just sat there starring at her like wtf is this? Another one jeez I just need to be more of a handful so he doesn't get anymore.

:lol: haha...And she's very cute...How old is she?

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Ok well here is a few more picture's of her she just ate some ground beef check the video below also has the monster Zero eating some after he ate two f/t mice.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojq3kUo6r0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojq3kUo6r0</a><!-- m -->

SANY0049.jpg

SANY0052.jpg

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Man you guys are killing me with these reds. I think im catching the tegu bug. She looks gorgeous. Did she go back under hibernation?

TanMan57

5 Year Member
rrcoolj said:
Man you guys are killing me with these reds. I think im catching the tegu bug. She looks gorgeous. Did she go back under hibernation?
Nope she drank ate abd is just basking I think she can tell the weather difference from florida to california.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
aaaaggggghhh im so jealous jk lol she is beautiful. your reawaking up my urdges (spell check) to get a red im thinking of getting one next payday lol! maybe our reds will be siblings like our b/w's :^)

TanMan57

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
aaaaggggghhh im so jealous jk lol she is beautiful. your reawaking up my urdges (spell check) to get a red im thinking of getting one next payday lol! maybe our reds will be siblings like our b/w's :^)
That would be cool, lol I kinda want a third tegu but ill see once the red gets a little bigger i'm not in any hurry to get another anytime soon lol 2 is a handful

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone. Yea shes very pretty Bobby picked a real looker. Her parents are Fire and Sonya and she was born in July.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!! i love the video
Lol which one? The unboxing or the one of Kilo eating and then Zero destroying ground beef after eating two mice. Lol she's so delicate only eats a few bites a day and sleeps and then theres Zero who eats till hes almost going to explode.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol both but the second one reminds me of nero and achilles (especially the way you describe it) achilles will take a small golf ball size of ground turkey and nero gets a whole platter. do you notice that by keeping zero in view of kilo; that kilo eats more? because i noticed that i was only able to get achilles to eat after putting him in a small tank and letting him watch nero eat.it was weird because when i let him free roam he went right to neros spot and grabbed some of the scraps he left behind!

TanMan57

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
lol both but the second one reminds me of nero and achilles (especially the way you describe it) achilles will take a small golf ball size of ground turkey and nero gets a whole platter. do you notice that by keeping zero in view of kilo; that kilo eats more? because i noticed that i was only able to get achilles to eat after putting him in a small tank and letting him watch nero eat.it was weird because when i let him free roam he went right to neros spot and grabbed some of the scraps he left behind!
Yea Kilo definately eats more with Zero eating but Zero just always eats hes definately not the runt any more and he just thinks of Kilo as food right now. Hopefully thats not the case when shes bigger and I introduce them.

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Congrats that tegu is looking great and reds are awesome ive never had one but i plan on having one later on im just not sure about the whole natural bad sheds and missing toe nail issue....but im pretty sue with great patience and effort ill never have to worry about that :-D

nemo66

5 Year Member
lol my black nose is a sibling to zero. i need to ask bobby who the parents of my red are though i forgot to ask him. hopefully we will have matching siblings lol. how is the handling going with the red? mine is a little sketcher than my black nose who is amazingly tame for a baby. i wish mine would have avoided hibernation like yours it just snowed here yesterday so i think they know what the weathers like even though their cage is totally warm, they still hibernate. they have come out for about 2 hours today though and taken some ground turkey and eggs. she is a beautiful baby by the way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980