• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Giants! Post your 2010 giants here!

G

My Beetlejuice is growing fast! Last Tuesday he was 41g. Today, he's 53g (that's before he ate and just after a poop).

He's already starting to lose his green! Kinda bummed about that, but he's turning into his nice cream color.

How about your guys' giants?

EDIT: his first pinkie

G

Same here. He goes crazy for mice, gizzards, roaches, and crickets. He's only showed interest in the turkey/liver mixture a couple times.

G

My new 2010 Extreme Giant

This is Dior my Blizzard x Sugar baby extreme giant.... :-D

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/Jviera1987/Pets/CIMG1645.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... MG1645.jpg</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/Jviera1987/Pets/CIMG1678.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... MG1678.jpg</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/Jviera1987/Pets/CIMG1674.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... MG1674.jpg</a><!-- m -->

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
looking good everyone, here are some new pics of storm my blizard x snow baby. he is really growing well and even lost almost all of his green.

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
looking good everyone, here are some new pics of storm my blizard x snow baby. he is really growing well and even lost almost all of his green.

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

Blizard x Sugar baby, Snow and Blizard are both males.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Looking good! I'll post a pic or two of the BEAST that is "Aesop" later today. He's over 19 inches and pounding mice, ground turkey, and chicken hearts/gizzards with GUSTO!!! He's a Blizard/Sugar baby as well.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's an updated shot of Boon(blizard x sugar baby)
100E0872.jpg

Here's Quasi, aka Mr. Paranoid(normal b&w). Whenever Boon is at the food Quasi won't eat there with him, he'll snag a piece and run to the other side of enclosure before wolfing it down. Boon just stares at him like he's crazy.. :)
100E0875.jpg

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Here's a picture of Aesop that was taken about 5 days ago. That's an 11 inch piece of paper for size-reference. He measured in at 18+ inches when the photo was taken. I'm SURE he's grown since then, considering how much he's eaten. His diet is mainly ground turkey, mice, and chicken hearts/gizzards. He's in the middle of his 5th ( I think, if I remember correctly) shed. It's really hard to believe it's only been 4 weeks since that tiny little guy came into our home.

Fortunately, he's really tame (he does still try to run when I go to remove him from his enclosure, but is a puppy after that).

I'm really happy I decided to take the plunge and go all the way with an extreme...best reptile decision I've ever made, hands down!

aessize.jpg

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
reptastic said:

DSC_0413.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

Blizard x Sugar baby, Snow and Blizard are both males.

i know lol i dont know were i got snow from must have been thinking about snow and sleet or something!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Here are some pics of Aesop from last night. My fiancee managed to muster up the courage to get all nice and close with the "good" camera (ie: NOT my cell phone camera!). Aesop is from this year's Blizard/Sugar clutch and I've had him (Bobby chose what he thinks is a male) since the original ship day (4 weeks, 2 days).

Aes next to a 12in. ruler:
IMG_1049.jpg

Kinda cool headshot:
IMG_1037.jpg

Hanging out on his log/hide:
IMG_1011.jpg

Just a B.A. tegu...:
IMG_1040-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya'lls tegus are lookin great! Most will be sleeping soon so get pictures while you can. :-D

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
that aesop is looking great and he is getting big, soon he we be towering over that hide.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
Ya'lls tegus are lookin great! Most will be sleeping soon so get pictures while you can. :-D

Very true...

I really wish there was a way to manipulate the factors that cause them to hibernate so that they wouldn't. I'm guessing Mother Nature knows better than I do, though, when it comes to what these guys need to not just survive, but thrive.

It always piques my interest when I see someone post on here with a tegu that DIDN'T hibernate--but, it never seems like the keepers do anything special or significant that keeps their tegus from going down for the winter.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
slideaboot said:
JohnMatthew said:

Very true...

I really wish there was a way to manipulate the factors that cause them to hibernate so that they wouldn't. I'm guessing Mother Nature knows better than I do, though, when it comes to what these guys need to not just survive, but thrive.

It always piques my interest when I see someone post on here with a tegu that DIDN'T hibernate--but, it never seems like the keepers do anything special or significant that keeps their tegus from going down for the winter.

none of my tegus ever wanted to hibernate(not sure why) i live in chicago so i figured with the cold weather they would but they didnt and the crazy part is nero didnt even brumate and it was getting at least in the 40*'s at night i have no idea what makes a tegu not want to hibernate at least the others fake hibernated for a few weeks but not her.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
See...that's what I'm talking about. There's gotta be some sort of trigger (or combination of triggers) that induce hibernation. Well, there doesn't necessarily "gotta be", but I really want to believe there is, ya know? Hah!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Alright, Party-People!!!

Let's see some updated pics of this year's extremes!!! I'll be taking some either tonight or tomorrow when my fiancee gets back from Oregon with the "good" camera.

I measured Aesop last night and he's up to around 23-24 inches and almost as big around as a soda can--NUTS!!! He's so freakin' tame too. I sure hope that lasts!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i would bet money(not literally lol) that aesop is a male. he is getting huge, i remember last year it was the my tegu nero and 2 of her siblings that were growing like that i had a 4' tegu in about 8 mos. lol no kidding, wonder how many 4 footers will we have this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980