• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New female Cuban Rock Iguana!!!

mschuld

5 Year Member
She's a beauty Dave! She has some nice orange coloration underneath, I hope she hangs onto it. How old is she?

Beasty

5 Year Member
Hopefully he'll chill out more with size. He was always ok for me once he figured out I wasn't gonna eat him. Getting any of the 4 different rocks I had out of the cage, or worse yet, into it, is a different story! The oldest one and largest one I had was awesome out of the cage. So, I figure they just take a long time to chill...IF they're gonna. That's why I dig the tegus so much. ;)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beasty said:
Hopefully he'll chill out more with size. He was always ok for me once he figured out I wasn't gonna eat him. Getting any of the 4 different rocks I had out of the cage, or worse yet, into it, is a different story! The oldest one and largest one I had was awesome out of the cage. So, I figure they just take a long time to chill...IF they're gonna. That's why I dig the tegus so much. ;)
I've read it takes until they're about 18 months old to figure out you're not going to eat them. He should be a year old next month. At least now he doesn't jump if I look at him! He does calm down some after we get him out. He's a lot bigger & stronger so it's harder to get him out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980