• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New female Cuban Rock Iguana!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's our new female! We got him from a guy who's been unemployed for a year. His reptiles have been living at a friends pet store for a while. We met at the pet store during a reptile club meeting and he met our female and male. We got a call the next day asking if we'd like to buy her. We've been very short of money but we couldn't pass her up!

IMG_2610_.jpg

IMG_2611_.jpg

IMG_2613_.jpg

This is the link to our other female.
http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2038

This is our male.
http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3189

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anthony said:
wow that things awesome looking how friendly is she compared to a tegu?
She's good. A little more flighty. We don't take them outside without a leash. The Tegu's don't need one.

jd61285

5 Year Member
So does that mean you might be breeding these in the future? I don't beleive there are many breeders out there i have been looking at them alot latly. Congrats on another awesome lizard!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jd61285 said:
So does that mean you might be breeding these in the future? I don't beleive there are many breeders out there i have been looking at them alot latly. Congrats on another awesome lizard!!
Thanks! We'll probably be trying in the spring. My only hesitation is I've heard a couple of people has lost theirs due to egg binding.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
31drew31 said:
Very nice looking Iggy!

Just couldnt help but notice how you said:

DaveDragon said:
Here's our new female! We got him from a guy who's been unemployed for a year.
OOPS!!! That's what I get for typing fast and not proof reading!!! We'll see how many people find that, I posted in 4 forums!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I forgot to post the pics of the females together.

IMG_2618_.jpg

IMG_2619_.jpg

IMG_2626_.jpg

The new (smaller) one finally decided she was going to be dominant and stepped up on the others tail. I should have taken a pic but I wasn't sure what was going to happen next.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LouDog760 said:
Awesome! Any future breeding projects in store?
I've been thinking about it but our male is way too big for them. On David Blair's site he says that he puts 2 females in with a male that a slightly smaller than the females so if they aren't interested they will reject him vs. a larger male ripping them up. A big male could do some major damage to them or kill them. He's about 3600g and they are 1200g & 1600g, way too big a difference. Maybe we could find a smaller male?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980