• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Sweet Esmeralda

Logie_Bear

I decided to measure Ezzy today and check her growth. She was a bit squirmy so I can't say its an exact measurement, but her SVL is 11 in. Since she lost the last bit of her tail, her full body lengh is about 26in. I'd put her at 28 if she still had her full tail tip. She's been eating like a champ, and I'm about ready to put in a new order for hare-today and restock the freezer. We are totally out of rabbit, quail, goat, and only have a few chicken hearts left! :eek: Has anyone's gu developed a favorite food from their site? I was thinking of trying a few new things this time around.

Oh, I also wanted to do a huge shout-out thank you to Reptastic for giving me some fantastic insight into Ezzy's lineage. Since almost all of bobby hill's old pics and records are gone, I didn't think I'd ever know what her parents looked like, but Reptastic was lucky enough to have some pics. Yay!

Ezzy's Parents : Varnyard's Snow x Sleet

IMG_0021.JPG

Ezzy's Mom ^

IMG_0020.JPG

^^ Dad is in the right corner... look at that head! :eek:

And here's an updated shot of me and my sweet girly!

IMAG0639.jpg

Logie_Bear

So Ezzy has been growing like a weed these days! I just put in for a new order of hare-today foods to try out. Here's what I just ordered, and because of the holiday it should be here sometime next week:

1 x Ground Pheasant/Bone/Organs, 1 lb
1 x Ground Rabbit, Whole Carcass - Fur and All, 2 lb
1 x Ground Mutton/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
1 x 1 Day Old Quail, 30 per bag
1 x Ground Goose/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
1 x Ground Salmon/Bone, 1 lb
1 x Ground Chicken/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
1 x Chicks, 25 per bag
1 x
Chicken Hearts, 2 lbs

I'm trying out a lot of the birds/fowl since Ezzy seems to have a keenness for lighter meat. I'm also hoping she likes the mutton since last time around she did so well with the ground goat, and I'm also hoping she likes the salmon since she loves smelt and tilapia so well!

In the meantime, I made her up a big ol batch of ground turkey, organ meats, and some cherries. Yummy ooey gooey deliciousness!

IMAG0832.jpg

She has also been out and allowed to free-roam more and more these days. Even the cat is starting to be pretty accustomed to her. They even bask together. :)

IMAG0846-1.jpg

For my last day off, I took Ezzy around town to visit my dad at his home and then we stopped by my Mom's house to visit that part of the family as well. She got to sniff lots of different places and meet lots of different people. Although she really just spend most of the day being lazy. :p

IMAG0839-1.jpg

UuJqhok711BNghT8JCv5kzgr4KDLFW-jSGmI7zI-bzk=w149-h228-p-no

...those lil claws are getting too dang long! It's time for a trim!
Anywho, hope everyone's gu is well!

I'll leave you with one last pic of her free-roaming adventure the other morning. She got her face 'stuck' in a slipper. Although, I couldn't tell if she was having fun and liked it in there. :D

IMAG0835-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980