• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Sweet Esmeralda

Logie_Bear

When I took Mizz Ezzy out today, I saw that she had somehow lost one of her front toe-nails. Not sure what she could have caught it on, and it doesn't seem to be causing her any discomfort. Only time will tell if it grows back in tho. On the subject of claws tho- how old /large do you wait for your tegu to be before you start to trim the tip of their nails? The more she grows the sharper those suckers are getting! People are going to start worrying about me from the number of little cuts on my arms... Lol!

imag07401.jpg

Logie_Bear

Oh, good to know! I will have to try tomorrow then. I was ready to buy some high-grain sandpaper and see if i could get her to file them down for me, if nothing else. :D

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
I don't clip Zeus nails yet but it's like he files them on the bricks and cinder block

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

KritterKeeper

Im new here and dont have a tegu yet so i cant give any helpful advice but I just wanted to say i LOVE the pic with the gecko and the tegu!

Logie_Bear

KritterKeeper said:
Im new here and dont have a tegu yet so i cant give any helpful advice but I just wanted to say i LOVE the pic with the gecko and the tegu!

That's one of my favorite photos ever! Glad you like it. :) Are you planning to get a tegu soon?

Logie_Bear

I took some pics of the Princess this morning, so I thought I'd go ahead and post an update. :)

The past few days she has been eating like a PIG. Yesterday she ate a small plate of ground lamb and THREE baby quail. Her tummy was so big I was afraid she would pop. :p Today she ate a whole cup of dusted crickets and was so fat she barely dragged herself onto her basking spot.

1347902549179.jpg

1347901976399.jpg

1347902162342.jpg

imag0665f.jpg

Note in the last pic, you can still see the weird mark on the side of her lip (I posted a thread about it a few weeks back). I'm still unsure what has caused it, but it doesn't effect the way she acts and hasn't gotten any bigger so I'm not overly worried about it. I'm still open for advice tho if anyone has any ideas about it.

Logie_Bear

Decided to take a vid this morning of Ezzy eating one of her favorite foods- quail eggs!

On a side-note... I didnt realize I was talking so quietly until up uploaded the vid, so.... I'll be sure to try and amend that next time around!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7aY3lgzHos&feature=plcp[/video]

Logie_Bear

I took Ezzy out this morning for an impromptu photoshoot. See the Picture contest thread for my 2 favorite shots. Here are a few others I took, that I still like, but just didn't find them to be up to snuff for the contest. :p

imag0803x.jpg

video00700000004940.jpg

video00690000011424.jpg

I have a huge soft spot for tongue shots. :)

ReptileGuy

Logie_Bear said:
Decided to take a vid this morning of Ezzy eating one of her favorite foods- quail eggs!

On a side-note... I didnt realize I was talking so quietly until up uploaded the vid, so.... I'll be sure to try and amend that next time around!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7aY3lgzHos&feature=plcp[/video]

great video!!

Logie_Bear

So Ezzy shed yesterday, and while looking her over to make sure there was no shed still stuck anywhere I noticed she has some sort of cut in her tail. Its the very last bit, and it looks fairly deep. Like, I'm wondering if perhaps she did something like tail whip the glass and injure it? Is it doomed to fall off or can I do something like put on some gauze and home it heals back normally?

Logie_Bear

Logie_Bear said:
So Ezzy shed yesterday, and while looking her over to make sure there was no shed still stuck anywhere I noticed she has some sort of cut in her tail. Its the very last bit, and it looks fairly deep. Like, I'm wondering if perhaps she did something like tail whip the glass and injure it? Is it doomed to fall off or can I do something like put on some gauze and home it heals back normally?

Welp. The tip of her tail came off today. Ezzy is officially 1.5 in shorter. A little bummed, and feel like a bad mum atm.

HeatherN

aww im sorry! theres nothing you could have done though. tarot has a twisty scar down his nose from something he got into. only a matter of time til he does something like ezzy. unfortunately, i think a tail break as short as 1.5 inches wont warrant regrowth, but who knows

Logie_Bear

I figure it's about time for an update to Ezzy's Official Thread.

Lately her favorite food has been fish, mice, and eggs. Really big on the whole prey food items these days. She is definitely outgrowing her enclosure, and her adult caging is about half-way to completion. Yesterday she had a full shed, and is starting to show some really interesting orange coloration on her tummy and neck. Really neat how fast it just sprang up!

Lookit dat purty blushing!

IMAG0426.jpg

Smelt fish from the local Asian Food Mart

VIDEO0075_0000036208-1.jpg

Her new favorite place in the house is right in front of the screen door. She always wants outside!

VIDEO0075_0000001902.jpg

Jumping for fish!

VIDEO0075_0000003769.jpg

Sleeping on her princess pillow

IMAG0360.jpg

On her t-rex leash, going for a car-ride

IMAG0271-1.jpg

That's all for today, hope you enjoy! <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads