• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my bts

nat

5 Year Member
since others were sharing their pics, I thought I would share a couple of mine!

Here are my nothern blue tongues. I don't have them 100% sexed but I *think* and *hope* that they are 1.1 (we will soon find out when I put them together this spring!).

They don't have names really, I call them both "skinky" (yes, yes very original) and sometimes I refer to them as "girl skinky" and "boy skinky" (again with the wishful thinking). Anyways, here they are:

Here's my first skink. I think she's a she... and a BIG she at that. She is great for handling but loves to huff. I got her in early 2006 as a sub adult.

skinky1.jpg

skinky4.jpg

Here's my "male". I got him in early 2007. He is definately more social, will come up to the glass and get pets. Really seems to like human interaction.

skinky2.jpg
skinky3.jpg

here is what they are housed in. My husband made these two stackable units for me for my birthday / christmas present (I designed them of course!)
skink6.jpg
skinky5.jpg

while the skinks are brumating, Dante, my little red tegu is currently occupying the top enclosure so that he has more exposure to people as they are in our living room (as opposed to keeping him in the reptile room where he wouldn't get as much daily interaction).

They are both Northern blue tongues and I really really hope I get babies because there are only two skink breeders that I know if in Canada, and neither of them ship. Most blue tongues that I have seen offered for sale in Canada are wild caught or farmed Indos and I really really want to change that!

thanks for looking!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nat,
They look so great! I wish I could live there so you could take such good care of me as well!!! hahah. if all plans out like you have it...be sure to let me know when eggs are laid@!
Puff

nat

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Nat,
They look so great! I wish I could live there so you could take such good care of me as well!!! hahah. if all plans out like you have it...be sure to let me know when eggs are laid@!
Puff

Thanks!

they are livebearers though (how sweet is that?) so I don't know about eggs but if I hear the little pitter patter of skinky feet I will definately let people know!

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
nat said:
PuffDragon said:
Nat,
Puff

Thanks!

they are livebearers though (how sweet is that?) so I don't know about eggs but if I hear the little pitter patter of skinky feet I will definately let people know!

Those do look great and i want one if you do get babies, but i dont think they come in eggs. :wink:

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
They give live birth and the babies are pretty big compared to how big the momma gets and how many she has stuffed inside her.

nat

5 Year Member
I know, its amazing when 20 relatively large babies come out of one female. blows my mind sometimes. No wonder they are so crabby when they are pregnant

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980