• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Blue Tegu Official Thread

Steven.

Excellent. Well i just gave him a bath and rubbed off some skin that was on his tail. His tail is not pink at all its black.. Ill take a picture.

sent from my phone to your eyes

Here's a picture i just took.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346965959089.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346965959089.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6

Steven.

Today i feed every lizard i have boiled eggs with the shell... Blue didn't really know what to do with it... First it got stuck on top of his mouth.. It took him almost 5 minutes to figure out... If he uses his tongue to push.. It'll come out..lol. He's a trip. So i put a bit of water in the bowl and he ate couple bites.. No as much as i wanted though but i guess he was full.... Sunshine however is an eating machine.. She ate half of an egg and a pinkie.. She was so fat when she was done.. She couldnt even fit inside her little eco earth tunnel she made lol.. Drako my 1 year old beardy is the man when it comes to eating... I could leave piles of food in front of this guy and he'll mow through it like no tomorrow.. He grown a lot since coming out of hibernation in march.. A LOT. Is it weird that he loves water?.. Being a desert lizard id figure he won't like swimming as much but he loves his bath to a point where everyday when the sun sets he soaks himself inside his water bowl for couple hours until i pull the cages inside....

kymzilla

My golden dropped almost 3 inches of her tail within the first week of me having her, but its growing back now.

Steven.

So do you think i should be holding blue more, so he get more use to being handled or is having him walk on me and falling asleep just as good?...

kymzilla

We've been sitting in our living room, with all the exits and holes blocked off, and just letting the two of them free roam around us. we've become jungle gyms. Also been heating up one of those microwave bean bag things, and then wrapping it in our shirts so they nest in it with our smells.

Theyre both getting alot better being around us.

I wish mine would just sit and sleep on me, aha.

Steven.

When i started holding blue.. Id put him in my lap and put my hand over him.. Like a cave.. At first he would always walk rite out.. But I've noticed that when i started holding him after he eat.. He was more calm. Today i took some pictures of his tail..

[attachment=5106]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347238734192.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347238734192.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 9

Steven.

I sold blue on 9/10 due to a family emergency. It broke my heart to sell him, but it was a life or death situation... LITERALLY...

KABIKANO

Steven. said:
I sold blue on 9/10 due to a family emergency. It broke my heart to sell him, but it was a life or death situation... LITERALLY...

Hey Homie, like I told u, sorry to hear about Blue but u gotta take kare of what u gotta take kare of. It was a bad time but now u good. Let's focus on the future homeboy! Text me some flix tomorrow after u get it!

Ntyvirus

Damn dude sorry to hear it but u gotta have your priorities straight. Who knows maybe another tegu is right around the corner for you.

Logie_Bear

I'm very sorry to hear that. But, most importantly I hope the situation that came up is resolved with a happy ending for those involved. Best of luck, mate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029