• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Moderator Nomination

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegurawsome ill give you the benefit of being a kid, let it go, we have plenty. Of people who post who have a great deal of knowledge and I can name a few, just because someone has 3,000 posts don't make them an expert ;^)

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i will cast my vote for will. i have the most respect for him and i think he would be the best for the job if he is willing.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RamblinRose said:
TegusRawsome80...... There was obviously reasons he was just booted too. Let sleeping dogs lie.

I'm glad you seem to think I was "booted". How about you don't make statements if you aren't sure what you are talking about?

reptastic said:
Tegurawsome ill give you the benefit of being a kid, let it go, we have plenty. Of people who post who have a great deal of knowledge and I can name a few, just because someone has 3,000 posts don't make them an expert ;^)

TeguRawsome never said I was an expert, but I'm glad you felt the need to mention that I'm not.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Perhaps expert is a strong. Choice of words, it was merely a one word summary to his statement on this and another thread

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I wouldn't say you're an expert either, so why are you moderator? Also, I'm not a "kid" and almost certainly have just as much experience as you with reptiles. Who has "a great deal of knowledge"? I would say Wil does, but he rarely posts. Laura has some knowledge but I wouldn't say she's an "expert". She most certainly has experience, but so do a lot of other members on this forum. Just because you're probably one of the people who doesn't like James doesn't mean you should call him out. I would say that saying he got booted when he didn't and implying a lack of experience is what was it again not "all about respect"?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
I'm free to help, always got time to spare on Tegu Talk. I'm pretty sure I've kept myself at peace with others. Haha just my 2 cents - I'd vote for Bubblz Calhoun as well.

:) TeguBuzz thanks for the nom,.. but I'll pass.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i think you would be good tho. i remember getting off to a bad start with you but u grew on me after seeing how who knew about herps lol.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm just kinda hanging watching/reading. There's only one person I would consider a tegu expert that regularly posts on the Internet and I doubt he would be a moderator.

LizardzRock

This is why a moderator is needed for forums. To keep threads on subject and to also minimize mis-information or to also clarify information. A moderator must first be respectful of others, second know when to intervene and respect both sides points of view if a disagreement arises. I feel many are qualified here. They(all members) must also not make things "personal" or take things "personally". A moderator should also set an example for others like the senior members do or should do.That way no one has an issue.:D easier said than done...

It is also not attractive to a potential new member to see threads of attack or disrespect. And in my mind everyone should want this forum to grow so we can spread awareness and be enthusiastic about this awesome lizard.
I have not been here long at all but, I think this forum is pretty cool and well ran and very informative. The only thing that is un-attractive about some of the threads is the some-what personal attacks you see, but it's all in how you perceive it for the most part. Some will see things as respectful, some as the opposite, some degrading, etc. Just need to be careful in which how you speak to one another on threads and pm's. Things are very easily taken out of context. If you are writing something that could possibly be taken that way, just don't say it at all...(hard to tell sometimes so many factors) Bottom-Line: We are all here for the same thing, so we should all help one another.

Just my 2 cents...

I nominate laurafl because she provides some good info and does her best to point a member in the right direction.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for your input here and via PM everyone. I will be discussing out options with the other mods and making a decision soon. In my mind, a moderator is less of an expert on the given topic and more of a peace-keeper and welcomer. Someone who can help solve problems and keep things orderly, organized and spam-free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602