• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male or female?

tupinambis

5 Year Member
Didn't mean to alarm, but the one thing you can try playing with is diet. Increasing fibre content (such as fruit and veggies) should help soften up the stool and you should then see if the hemipenes keeps everting. You could also try mixing some Metamucil in his drinking water.

I was given a New Guinea side-necked turtle that was constantly everting his phallus and we were considering having an elastic ligature sewn around the cloacal opening to remedy this (yes, this is a standard procedure for this sort of phenomenom), but I found once I had him on a corrected diet this issue went away. The best thing is to try to be preventative, correct the issue before it becomes a problem. I'm sure the last thing you want is your tegu to develop a problem with his hemipenes.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tupinambis said:
Didn't mean to alarm, but the one thing you can try playing with is diet. Increasing fibre content (such as fruit and veggies) should help soften up the stool and you should then see if the hemipenes keeps everting. You could also try mixing some Metamucil in his drinking water.
He gets fruit every other day. A rat every weekend & tilapia once during the week. His stools a solid when he goes out of his enclosure but many times looser in his enclosure. Coincidence?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602